- takes 4 weeks for YOU to notice
- 8 weeks for your close mates to notice
- 12 weeks for everyone else

but we all lose at different rates. so what is this translated in to weight

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i can remember in my previous weight-loss that after 20 lbs i really noticed a big difference, and so did others. people i see every day , it took longer for them to see it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It depends on how fat you are when you start.

It took 20-30 pounds before I got a lot of comments. I didn't see it at all. I knew I was getting thinner because of the clothes, but is couldn't see it.

Someone who is only 20 pounds overweight would probably have a noticeable difference sooner. :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Yup, about 10kg / 20ish lbs.

Depends how big you are though. If you've only got a few pounds to lose, 10lb is massive.
  • frayst
    Options
    I think it has less to do with number of weeks and more to do with proportionality; how much you need to lose in the first place. If you need to lose 20 pounds, it will likely be noticeable after 10. If you need to lose 70 pounds, it will take a bit more for people to notice.
  • nomorefatjuu
    nomorefatjuu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It depends on your size
    It took 10 pounds to people to notice that I have lost weight
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I was zero scale loss
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on how much weight you have to lose....a loss of 5 - 10 Lbs is pretty insignificant for someone with a lot of weight to lose...but for someone who maybe has 15 - 20 Lbs to lose, those 5-10 Lbs are going to make a pretty dramatic difference.

I started off at around 215 - 220 and it was pretty difficult to see any difference at all for the first 15 - 20 Lbs, particularly as much of that loss came from my extremities and people are generally not that observant. My drop from 200 - 180 though was night and day and each 5 Lbs or so was pretty dramatic as I really started losing in my face and my gut.