Never really dieted before?

Options
Hi everyone. I used to be a relatively fit person. I was never really, really thin, but I think I had a nice hourglass shape. However this summer I got sick, very sick, and had to go on an extremely high dose of prednisone which made me gain about 30 pounds. I would really like my old body back, but since i've never really had to diet before I think I will be needing a lot of support...

Replies

• cuteandfunsized
    cuteandfunsized Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    That can be so frustrating! I was gaining weight but couldn't figure out why. Finally the doctor ran some blood tests and found out I have hypothyroidism which slows the metabolism. I was put on medication and my weight just stopped,not going up or down no matter how much time I spent at the gym or how much I watched my diet. So she finally put me on a weight loss pill which helped me lose 40lbs. But then I plateaued again. So I came here about 2 weeks ago. Everyone has been awesome! I lost 5 lbs since I've been here! Lots of great tips and advice and most importantly,support! So anyone here feel free to add me! I love to give motivation and help any way I can ????
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you have returned to your pre-illness lifestyle, diet, and exercise, then you will likely just return to your old shape. If you want to speed that up -- 30 lbs. in 15 weeks is quite doable. We're here to help!
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm similar situation. Hour glass, never really thin, but relatively fit. Extra weight on an hour glass takes a while to really notice , especially if you are only going by clothing fit. 20 lb gain, with 10 in the past year- really got out of exercising in that past year too. Just started concentrating for first time in my life on macronutrients( protein, carbs,etc.) - the logging in on My Fitness Pal (MFP) is so very motivating. I will add you and the others here. Two weeks following a plan and Friday my body FINALLY gave up a few pounds! I lost an inch everywhere too! And I'm 45, so for you- it will be even easier!
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hey
    You have come to the right place, good luck on your journey to a healthier you :smile: