over 200 pounds to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well.....I have a lot to lose still and can use the encouragement along the way.......:smile::flowerforyou: I will be here the same for you....we can do this.....
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well....
  • binterla
    binterla Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy. I just started MFP 4 days ago. A year ago I was feeling great about losing 160lbs. However I got sick and got off track. I gained 6lbs. then 9lbs. visiting my mom over Christmas. Then I started eating out...drinking alcohol...and now I have gained 36lbs. So I have done very well for 4 days...just a little over in sugars. Please friend me. I need support too. I only have one friend and want to meet others in the same boat. I still have 80lbs. to go.
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In total I need to lose 214 lbs. Feel free to add me, I need some supportive and active friends as well :) Just rejoined this site end of July. I don't log online here because I keep track with pen and paper, its just easier for me, but I am here at least a couple times a day to check in and/or read posts as keeps me in the right mindset. Welcome and you Can do it!
  • taylorizal
    taylorizal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started at 360 and I'm now down to 308. My first goal was to lose 60 pounds in 6 months and I'm 8 pounds and 15 days away. After that, my goal is to get down to 130. I can't remember the last time I weighed that! (Probably grade school?!)

Feel free to add me!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Anyone here could add me, as well. I started out with 180 to lose. Getting kinda sorta close to half way there now.
  • tonimartic
    tonimartic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am so happy i decided to reply to Cindy's post the other day. it does not make me feel so alone on my journey anymore.
    have to share something with you guys;
    09/11/14, i have received a call from the WEIGHT NOT counselor or something. she really tried her best to make me bite into their program and shell 1600$ for it. i have almost done it, mainly because i thought if i start overeating again, i will feel so guilty of paying so many dollars to stop eating in the first place, that the money spent for the program will stop me from even thinking about eating any food-punish myself AGAIN.
    but then, since she was really pushy, all of a sudden, i had this GREAT IDEA;

INSTEAD OF PAYING A LOT OF MONEY TO SOMEBODY ELSE, WHY DON'T I PAY MYSELF FOR LOSING WEIGHT INSTEAD?

after all, i am the one doing all the work s it is, right?!

.so why could not the good and leaner I earn some money from the old and excess weight I along the way?
    i made a little contract with myself, that I will pay myself 30$ for every two pounds lost. i am european, and it is easier to calculate in kilograms, so 5 kg=11 pounds.
    i got myself a glass jar, labeled it as "reinforcement", i keep it next to my bed, and I intend to put in there 150$ cash for every 5 kg lost.
    and if a month comes that I lose less than 5 kg, I will put in the jar this much less, but will still keep putting in there, for every single kilogram lost.
    so, the 11 pounds leaner toni has already made some dough; first 150$ cash are in the jar!!!!!
    i have forbidden myself putting my self down any more. instead, i treated my self with a mani/pedi and a nice, long bath last night. i have come to the realization that the more i love my self, the happier my self is, and it embraces the journey i am on with way more enthusiasm.
    be good to yourselves, my MFP pals, and your selves will greatly appreciate it. love your selves. forgive them their occasional slip ups, and they will cooperate waaay better. all we need is love. once we learn how to love our selves despite and because, our selves will love us back. and we will shed our excess weight easier.

greetings from me, my self and I
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did this in the past and totally forgot this time around. Thanks for reminding me and YES why not pay ourselves! I used for few small things along the way but majority went for a trip. OK off to find my jar again and make a plan :)
  • FlabULessFoodie
    FlabULessFoodie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have over 200 pounds to lose. My ticker reads 100 or maybe 50 because I don't want to ovrrwhelm myself with such a big number. You can certainly add me I'll be here on this journey until I reach my goal and well beyond
    Just joined a week ago...looking to others who have to lose over 200 pounds....
  • tonimartic
    tonimartic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    stepped on a scale this morning, and the scale showed that i have already reached my 1. goal;
    09/11-10/11= get rid of 11 pound s= 5 kg.
    i started out weighing 124 kg, and the scale showed 118.35 kg this morning. and i have almost two more weeks left, which will probably amount to another 5 lbs.

anyhow, i rewarded myself with my first 150$ that landed in my argo tea glass jar this morning, AND a thai lunch with 4 girlfriends. my size 18 pixie pants from old navy, sitting tight roughly a month ago, are falling off my hips now.
    it so made my day!

a big shout out to all of you brave ones out there. i hope a part of my happiness will affect you, too tonight and make your next meal choice easier and your pounds melt away faster.

until later!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    hi all :happy: I'm Betty from Georgia and I have lots to lose!! I started here in July at 369lbs and today I'm 317lbs!!! I'm 50yrs young :laugh: (stop laughing) and stand 5'4' tall (ok that should be short, but just let me have this one please :laugh: I wanna be tall for once :laugh: ) I set my goal weight at 150lbs, but truly I have no idea what I imagine myself to be as a thinner adult. I've never been under 215lbs in my adult life. I remember distinctly already being 126lbs at 10yrs old. By the time I graduated high school, I was 260lbs. I lost a little between ages 18 to 20 using diet pills and diuretics, but started to regain soon enough. I married at 250lbs and ballooned over the years up to 430lbs by age 30. Thank goodness for a husband who loves me for me and has stood beside me all these years :heart: We were lucky enough to have excellent insurance back then that actually covered lapband surgery nearly 100%!! So the month of my 30th birthday, I was laid up in the hospital getting this new at the time lapband surgery! non-adjustable back then. it worked wonders for me for the first 1 1/2yrs. This is where my lowest adult weight was seen of 215lbs....which means I had lost exactly 1/2 of my weight within the first 1 1/2yrs after surgery! shows how hard I was working and how little I was eating! I loved exercising for the first time in my life and I had goals and dreams of my future self being even smaller! but then a series of health mishaps and emergencies happened to me almost in a row and I found my self lost, unmotivated, unable to refocus nor to find my will power once again. before long I began to gain again even though my lapband was still performing it's duties of limiting my ability to eat too much food. My doctors tell my that my body went into starvation mode and held onto each and every calorie for dear life! it converted each calorie to fat immediately to protect itself. wow!!! a big girl like me in starvation mode????? unbelievable, but apparently true for 20yrs! In April I started to have severe problems with acid reflux due to the daily vomiting episodes I have since this surgery all those years ago. Turns out I have Barrett's Esophagus as a direct result of the lapband. I've had 2 ablation procedures already to laser the cancer cells from my esophagus and am due back for an endoscopy at the end of Oct to see if any more cancer cells have reappeared calling for a 3rd ablation or if my doc can give me thumbs up!! Of course, he will be removing this dreaded lapband in Nov and I will live for nearly 6wks on my own for the first time in 20yrs OMG!! I'm nervous!! it is to heal my body and to prepare it for the next gastric surgery that he is recommending at the end of Dec...the Roux-en-Y. I'm anxious to see how I will do on my own, but very very scared that I will mess up so badly that I regain what I've managed to lose here since July:ohwell: :sad: I need watchers on top of my diary and keeping tabs on me with my exercise. I'm looking for support and encouragement for when I get scared and down on myself or completely lose focus. I will promise to try to be there for you as well and to be a good caring friend in every way :happy: My diary is open for view. I am on a 20carb lifestyle since July and having much success. My profile is open to friends only...so come, be my friend :bigsmile:
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    I lost 161 so far and counting. I feel logging really is largely why I have had
    success. All the best .. you can do this! :)
  • fatmanlove
    fatmanlove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have about 175lb to lose. 1 day at a time feel free to add me and wr can keep moving forward together.
  • manthaftw
    Options
    I have 151 out of my 165 to loose. It should probably be 200, but frankly... I can't imagine myself at that small at least I can't right now. But it could change over time. You can add me if you'd like!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy,

I joined MFP a few months ago. I weighed 264 lbs and was so frustrated. Now I’m at 218.25 and determined to shed those pounds. My goal weight is 132 (yikes)

So with over 85 lbs to go, I’m determined to get there.

This journey is possible for you, me and all these lovely people on MFP. Stay positive, walk and swim. Try to get a bit of weight training in as well. Feel free to add me 

All the best and more power to you!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have 151 out of my 165 to loose. It should probably be 200, but frankly... I can't imagine myself at that small at least I can't right now. But it could change over time. You can add me if you'd like!

I feel the same... whenever I think about my goal weight (recommended by the doc)... I feel that I'll never get there, But I want to... and WE WILL!

This is where we give each other a super cool Hi-5 and get back to the weights section :)
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't have 200 pounds to lose, but I'm close. My goal is to lose 157 pounds total, to get to 140. I've lost ~29 so far, so… I've got about 128 to go.

You can do it… just don't give up! Take it one day at a time, and have faith in yourself. It's a learning process, believe me.
  • Reneesjourney2bfit
    Reneesjourney2bfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have over 180 + to lose would love to make friends on this journey...can add me.