I set a new highest weight and I wanna cry!

Options
So I am overweight!And I set a new highest weight and I feel like I wanna cry! I know I have to do something about it! I miss being slim! Can someone please give me some support!

Replies

• willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Look up, Get up and dont ever Give up!

dang it....
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Look up, Get up and dont ever Give up!

dang it....

I agree!!!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My "new highest weight" is what sent me here last January.

Log everything you ate today, and repeat that every day.

The truth is not a hard thing to understand... it's a hard thing to ACCEPT.

Accept where you are, and then change it! :-) You can do this!
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If losing weight and being slim were easy, there would be no need for MFP, and there would be no heavy people. It's not an easy path to slim.

To Quote Jimmie Valvano. Don't give up... Don't ever give up...
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you! All of you are right! I am so glad MFP exist! And I will log everything I eat!
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    In addition to what others have stated: give yourself some credit. Recognizing that you need to do something and expressing it is the starting point to figuring out where you want to go and how to get there...........................
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The truth is not a hard thing to understand... it's a hard thing to ACCEPT.

Accept where you are, and then change it! :-) You can do this!

^^^^^AMEN!!!!!^^^^^
  • ealbrow
    Options
    It's okay - what a great reason to set new goals! Also it's the perfect time of year - right before the holidays. I try to eat as little processed food as possible. Maybe a power bar here or there, and some hummus or spreads from the store, but generally, eat food that you make yourself. I also try to make Sundays my "meal prep" days and make healthy food for the week. That way, there's no excuse for not eating healthy if everything is already set and prepared! Just remember that your weight doesn't define your self worth, and that focusing on being healthy is more important than the weight your losing. Once you start focusing on healthy eating and exercising, everything else will fall into place - weight, happiness, etc.
  • landiekate
    landiekate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're "heaviest weight"? Its an obstacle in your journey to health (fitness/weight/fat-loss). That's literally all it is. All you have to do is accept it as an obstacle, and take the challenge on. Don't let it hold you back, make you doubt yourself, and crush your hope. It's also important to remember that your WEIGHT DOES NOT define you. Your weight doesn't make you any better or any less of a person.

If you want it down & gone, you've gotta work hard, super hard, and keep going. You've gotta love your body throughout the process, and appreciate its abilities. Its keeping you alive now, "highest weight" and all.
  • miniwaankerbot
    miniwaankerbot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Do a 10 day cleanse diet (hell, you can do anything for 10 days, right??). It will suck, but it will help your brain change what it wants. It will make it easier to eat good foods because you'll want to. After I did that I didn't want to eat anything with ingredients I couldn't pronounce. I still do 4 healthy salads for lunch a week and 4 breakfast smoothies a week. The rest of the time I eat well, but don't kill myself over it.

Also, look into the 12 minute athlete app. Because...you can do anything for 12 minutes, right? 12 minutes a day, no gym, no equipment, just you and a stopwatch. (Weekends, I do 16 minutes and some time on an exercise bike as well)

I hope that helps you. Also, DON'T GIVE UP!! It might take a few weeks for your body to get into the groove, but if you keep it up, the weight will come off and you'll be more motivated to keep it up. I thought I couldn't do it, but I AM doing it! I hope you will too.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You've been given a gift at this moment - the gift of being at rock bottom. Remember this feeling. Use it to motivate yourself, to drive yourself to be what you want to be. Remember that this is the place that you do not want to return to.
  • liftingpanda
    Options
    How heavy are you weighing? :O Just curious.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I started at my heaviest weight ever. I don't know what prompted me now, but I am glad I am working on it
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eat less.

Move more.
  • RonnaAustin1111
    RonnaAustin1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's where I was six weeks ago. Dig in and be your own best friend!!! ONE MEAL AT A TIME!!! That's all it takes. YOU GOT THIS!
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How heavy are you weighing? :O Just curious.
    I am a woman and 5'4 148ish pounds so nearly 150
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Everybody starts from their heaviest weight. What you have to decide is whether your heaviest weight was what you just saw on the scale, or what you see on the scale tomorrow or next week or next month.

Good luck!
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better just about all of us are on this site right now because we also set "new highest weight"s at some point but your already one step in the right direction by being on this site so get after it if I can do it so can you. Highest weight = 308lbs currently 213lbs.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    We've all been there ........

I moaned & groaned about my weight (or turned a blind eye to it) for decades ...... until I hit an all-time high and saw a horrendous photo of myself the same day ...... nearly fainted :sad:

But I immediately started making smarter food choices & cut out the junkfood. Yes, it WAS difficult ...... not gonna sugarcoat it. But it was important to me, so I focused & planned & didn't let any excuses undermine my resolve.

I lost weight & kept it off :drinker:

You can, too !
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Plug your info I to MFP, eat the calories that it tells you. Since you don't have that much to lose, I recommend aiming for 1/2 lb per week. Don't make it complicated.