Turning 40 and looking for support

Options
I recently turned 39 and would like to enter my 40s with a healthy body and mind. I've been up and down the scale over the past 20 years and want to establish a long-term pattern of eating right and exercising regularly...and would like to drop 20+ lbs in the process. I''m looking for friends in similar situations to share info, experiences and support.

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..Good luck on your journey.
    Valarie
  • charlie_zebra
    charlie_zebra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Valarie!
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Totally understand. I'm going to hit that mark soon as well. I will send you a friend request.
  • jhisson
    Options
    I'm inching ever closer to 40 as well. Six more months for me. I'll send you a friend request.
  • jojokmack
    Options
    Hi, I am 44 and have about 20lbs to go, so please, feel free to add me :)
  • ajdemg
    ajdemg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another in the same boat, turn 40 early next year and wanting to reach there knowing I am trying to get fit and healthy.
  • tomdugi
    tomdugi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 39 years old and 4 weeks ago I have decided to change my life. I had 128 kg (282 pounds). I started going to gym 5 times per week, and I stopped eating sweets and carbs in the afternoon. I started logging my food and exercises with myfitnesspal because this is the only way for me to have control of my food limits.
    4 weeks passed and I am 9 kg (20 pounds) lighter. My goal is to drop to 90 kg (200 pounds). So long way to go. I will be happy to support you and I would like if someone supports me.
  • charlie_zebra
    charlie_zebra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, 20 lbs in 4 weeks is amazing...you're obviously on the right track. Congrats!
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am an experienced with the 40's, as I am now 48. :smile: I am looking to enter my fifties feeling better than I ever did in my 40's. I have lost 22 pounds and have about 25 left to go. I wish you much success in your journey!!! Feel free to add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in July. Would love another buddy! I like to encourage and appreciate it from others!
  • mochasmommie7193
    mochasmommie7193 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Request sent
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I turned 39 last month and I am determined that I will hit my goal before I turn 40! I am sending you a friend request.
  • ccbulldog83
    ccbulldog83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request...good luck with your weight loss goals:drinker:
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    40 was a good year for me lol. I'm worried about the 50's coming. I'm on daily if anyone wants to add me.
  • keithm138
    keithm138 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am turning 40 in November...I am about half way to my goal. I am always looking for friends who are active on here. Sending friend request. Anyone else who is looking for active members for support/motivation, please feel free to add me. :wink:
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 next month. I log daily and anyone is free to add me.
  • Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    40 is the new 20 ;)

feel free to add
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    I am 45, and I actually found the 40´s to be a bit easier than the 30s. My body and metabolism changed a lot around 29-33, which took a lot of getting used to, like no longer just being able to eat whatever I wanted. I went up as high as 250lbs, but am now back to around 210-220, which is still a bit heavy for my height.

So the good news is, starting your 40s, your body isn´t going to change as much as it did when you hit your 30s..

Also, to you and everyone else, feel free to add me. I am new here!