30 Day Shred VS Gym Workouts

Options
I am contemplating which route to go down for the start of my weight loss journey. Eventually I would like to get into running with my family, but for now I would either like to work at the gym - machines such as X Trainer, Treadmill, Bike (as well as swimming) - or am I better off starting with the 30 Day Shred to kick me off?
Or is it possible to get results by combining the two into a routine?

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Pick something that you are going to be consistent. I personally love going to the gym, I have different workouts for different equipment or classes. I think the issue is consistency. Try one thing and if you find it doesn't work for you- say you get bored...find something else you enjoy.
  • ronads
    ronads Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This month I'm doing 30 day shred in the morning and then walking or running in the afternoon. After this I'm starting p90x and not going to the gym at all. I guess it's preference but i need to be changing up what i do to stay motivated. But I stay consistent.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's possible to get results mixing both in, it's also possible to get results doing just one. It's a guarantee to get no changes to your fitness doing nothing.

Pick whichever path you feel you will stick with. If you think you can make it to the gym enough times to make the fee worth it, then go for it! On days you can't make it to the gym, you might be able to get in a workout at home. If you feel you can stick to working out at home consistently, then go for that!

Personally, I like the gym for the classes.