I set a new highest weight and I wanna cry!

Options
2»

Replies

• TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    And my goal weight is 118 and hoping to reach it by my birthday witch is April 12th!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How heavy are you weighing? :O Just curious.
    I am a woman and 5'4 148ish pounds so nearly 150
    Okay see that's easy, I started exatctly there and look at me now. PLUS I'm strong! Gotta love it!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I set my all time weight record and then figured I should break it and added 10 more pounds just to be a champion before I got serious about doing something about it.

You just took the first step toward success by joining MFP , now bottle up that pity and use it for fuel to keep you motivated.

You got this !
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    hit your cal targets daily and consistently.

Do some regular exercise.

Trust in the process and have patience.
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue right now as well. I need to get motivated so I am not wearing fat pants forever =/
  • miniwaankerbot
    miniwaankerbot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How heavy are you weighing? :O Just curious.
    I am a woman and 5'4 148ish pounds so nearly 150
    Okay see that's easy, I started exatctly there and look at me now. PLUS I'm strong! Gotta love it!

Yup, that's where I started. I'm getting back down, bit by bit. One step at a time!
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hit 242 lbs, and said that was enough. I'm now finally back at my previous heaviest weight. I'm done with this crap. You can do it!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Do a 10 day cleanse diet (hell, you can do anything for 10 days, right??). It will suck, but it will help your brain change what it wants. It will make it easier to eat good foods because you'll want to. After I did that I didn't want to eat anything with ingredients I couldn't pronounce. I still do 4 healthy salads for lunch a week and 4 breakfast smoothies a week. The rest of the time I eat well, but don't kill myself over it.

Also, look into the 12 minute athlete app. Because...you can do anything for 12 minutes, right? 12 minutes a day, no gym, no equipment, just you and a stopwatch. (Weekends, I do 16 minutes and some time on an exercise bike as well)

I hope that helps you. Also, DON'T GIVE UP!! It might take a few weeks for your body to get into the groove, but if you keep it up, the weight will come off and you'll be more motivated to keep it up. I thought I couldn't do it, but I AM doing it! I hope you will too.

IGNORE THE CLEANSE. Do NOT do a cleanse.

Luckily you're not very overweight (your goal weight may be a little low depending on your body type but only you know that) so a moderate caloric deficit should do you just fine! :smile: A balance of cardio and weight training will help your overall fitness level too. Good luck!
  • hippalottame
    Options
    Cry if you want to ......We've all been there. Heck, I'll even cry with you.

Ok, Enough of that!
    Now...make this your turning point and...refuse to accept anything less than what YOU want.
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    You can do it!!!

As others have said, acknowledging the problem is the first step. Good for you for looking for things you can change sooner rather than when you need to lose 100 lbs.

Again, you can do it!!! If all of these other people can do it, you can do it too.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This was me, last April. It really sucked. I had a good cry about it, and then the next day I laced up my sneakers and ran 2 miles. And then I repeated the next day. And the day after that. Not going to lie, the first couple weeks or so just sucked, but I stuck with it anyways.

The funny thing, a lot of times we wait until we are motivated, but sometimes action is more important. 5 months later, I'm 22 lbs less, more fit than ever, and guess what? More motivated now than at the start.

You can do it!!! (Feel free to add me as a friend if you need another cheerleader on your side!)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Starting is the hardest part, right with acceptance of what IS.

Plant your feet, look in the mirror, and say, "This is where it STARTS."

Then MOVE.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Instead of shedding tears over your "new highest weight" turn it around and make it your epiphany moment...the start of a new you :smile:

I took on the challenge one year ago this week and have lost 34 pounds slow but sure and I'm never looking back. I changed one thing at a time. First, my crazy 2-liter a day diet pop habit (Gone). Next, my never-ending excuses for working out (Thank you, Planet Fitness). Third, my lack of accountability (Thank you MFP friends and diary!)

I've learned it's all about making small changes, a little at a time. You will adjust to things much easier if you don't overdo it. And tackle the easiest goals first. Give yourself opportunities for success by not pushing too hard or expecting quick results. I was very disappointed in my slow weight loss at first, but after that it came gradually--about 3 pounds a month.

Good luck and know that you CAN do this. Use your frustration to motivate you!
  • miniwaankerbot
    miniwaankerbot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Do a 10 day cleanse diet (hell, you can do anything for 10 days, right??). It will suck, but it will help your brain change what it wants. It will make it easier to eat good foods because you'll want to. After I did that I didn't want to eat anything with ingredients I couldn't pronounce. I still do 4 healthy salads for lunch a week and 4 breakfast smoothies a week. The rest of the time I eat well, but don't kill myself over it.

Also, look into the 12 minute athlete app. Because...you can do anything for 12 minutes, right? 12 minutes a day, no gym, no equipment, just you and a stopwatch. (Weekends, I do 16 minutes and some time on an exercise bike as well)

I hope that helps you. Also, DON'T GIVE UP!! It might take a few weeks for your body to get into the groove, but if you keep it up, the weight will come off and you'll be more motivated to keep it up. I thought I couldn't do it, but I AM doing it! I hope you will too.

IGNORE THE CLEANSE. Do NOT do a cleanse.

Why not? I'm not talking about a fad diet. I'm talking about eating very well, and putting a time limit on it so it doesn't seem so daunting. At the end, you won't have the cravings that you did 10 days ago and it's a good boost to your metabolism. I ate nothing but berries, non starchy vegetables, lean proteins and good fats for 10 days and the benefits to my brain were just as important to me as the benefits to my body. I kept eating like that afterward because I wanted to, not because I felt like I had to. Plus it felt like a treat to add sweet potatoes back in!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You made the biggest step:acknowledging the issue and doing something about. You are 90 percent to where you want to be.