How Good Are you at Choosing the Healthiest Foods? QUIZ

Options
I think I'm pretty good at this, generally, but I did miss a couple here.

If you haven't see the NUVAL nutrition labeling system in your nearby grocery store yet, look for it. It's awesome. At the NUVAL website, they have a quiz ... it's the green banner that says "nutrition by the numbers." Give it a try and report back on your score!
http://www.nuval.com/

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    44 lol
  • annabanana05
    Options
    i scored 46, that was really good. i havent saw those scores at my local store
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    62. Not too shabby.
  • kyoules
    kyoules Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    88. I'm a vegetarian and had to completely guess on salmon, clams, lobster, turkey breast, ham, etc.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    62, but I've never heard of half that stuff. and 2 of them they said I was wrong but it was the same score for both, what's up with that? How can they have the same food score and be wrong?
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    72 :o

For three of the questions I mixed up the healthiest two, but they were within two "points" of each other. Hmph.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I got a 68. That was fun!
  • zer0vital
    Options
    58. As a game designer, I think this quiz has serious shortcomings...but in the sense that it has us here all talking about NuVal scores, it is a success!
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    68 - and I really surprised myself! Some were so close in points!
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i got a 62
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    58 lol not bad. I hope it comes to my grocery store. What a great idea!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    30... I don't get their nutrition scale.
  • chrish1981
    Options

What's the top score? 100?
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    58...not too bad considering I don't eat many processed foods. I totally had to guess on all the crackers, cookies and chips.
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    75. Some of the stuff I've never heard of before.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Y'all did pretty well. I love their system of scoring foods. Sure wish it was on the front label of all products in all stores. Would make it easier for the masses to make healthier choices. What is easier than red light, yellow light, green light?

A brief description from the NuVal website:

NuVal™ Scores summarize comprehensive nutritional information in one simple number between 1 and 100. Each NuVal™ Score takes into account more than just the nutrition fact panel. It considers 30-plus nutrients and nutrition factors – the good (protein, calcium, vitamins) and the not-so-good (sugar, sodium, cholesterol). And then it boils it down into a simple, easy-to-use number; a number you can trust to make better decisions about nutrition in just a few seconds.

For more information on how they calculate the numbers, check this out: http://www.nuval.com/science Think there is any chance Walmart would ever use this system? :ohwell:
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Got a 51.
  • VanessaHarris
    Options
    45 =(
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I got 63. Hyvee has this in my town.