Slim Fast

Options
Is anyone doing slimfast shakes? I drink one in the afternoon for lunch. Has anyone had any luck

Replies

• faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. My aunt lost 60lbs with slim fast but when I tired it, it gave me nothing but stomach problems. I had to stop taking it.
  • kiabaker
    Options
    i was thinking about trying that
  • chickky311
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every morning for my breakfast...its very similar to the slimfast shakes. That, combined with the rest of my diet of small and healthy meals, has worked out very well for me. I exercise a couple of times a week also, and In 2 weeks I've lost 6 lbs so far! I think the shakes are a great addition to any diet.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I drink one for breakfast usually and it has definitely worked for me when i stick to it. Although they may seem like they wouldn't be very satisfying, they usually keep me full and hold me off until lunch.
  • ajbindewald
    Options
    I am drinking a shake for breakfast and then eating the 100 calorie bars as my snacks. My scale is broken so I don't know if there has been weight change but I do notice that when I have a shake I am less hungry throughout the morning. There is a lot of protein in them which helps with the full feeling. So overall I am eating less, esp snaky foods! I am going to get a new scale next week so hopefully there will be some change!
  • Raquel1275
    Options
    I tried Slimfast for the first week of my diet but I found that I was way to hungry. As long as I follow my calories and eat healthier I find I am doing much better and I am not at risk of eating snacks while I find "real" food.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    its not a good think long term, short term my daughter lost weight stopped using it, then put all the weight back on !

she canged to healthy eating and lost over 100lbs!( in 1 year)

Better to eat healthy food , move more and make life style changes one step at a time.

Good luck
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i have some shakes in my fridge, they are really yummy and a good meal substitute.
    i've never done the actually "Slim Fast Diet" but i like to incorporate the shakes into my diet.
    it's good for when your running out the door for work in the morning and don't have time to make a breakfast, or an after work out out shake bc it has 10g of protein.
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    I keep drinks on hand - I do not use them daily. Just watch the sugar content, some have a lot in them.
  • dmaster555
    Options
    its not a good think long term, short term my daughter lost weight stopped using it, then put all the weight back on !

she canged to healthy eating and lost over 100lbs!( in 1 year)

Better to eat healthy food , move more and make life style changes one step at a time.

Good luck

This is exactly right.
  • tryin2lose50
    Options
    Thank u Ladies Very helpful:)
  • tryin2lose50
    Options
    Thank u Ladies Very helpful:)
  • one_strong_mama
    one_strong_mama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We are using the Slim Fast shakes for the 3.2.1 plan and it is working. It definitely isn't a long term plan but it is helping us transition to smaller meals and eventually protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. We mix our shakes for breakfast and lunch then eat 3 snacks about 100-200 calories in between. Our snacks are usually vegetables, fruit, or hard-boiled eggs. So far we are not hungry and the chocolate shakes make us satisfied for our chocolate cravings. We eat a reasonable dinner around 400-500 calories that I get from a cookbook. We also have one to two cheat days a week where we don't consume more than 1400 calories per cheat meal.

We also drink a lot of water, have cut out soda and alcohol, and stay active.

The whole process has made us aware of all the bad food we were eating and how our meals were very large and we don't need it. As a bonus we have both lost about 10lbs with exercise in the past month. Again it may seem fast but we were looking at it as a lifestyle change and awareness to eventually make a long term solution.
  • shadowofnature
    Options
    When I was 16 years old I started the Slim Fast diet, shake for breakfast, shake for lunch, salad and skinless chicken with baked potato for dinner, I lost 160 pounds in a year! I was the happiest teenager in the world. Over the past 10 years I have gained 140 of that back. Had I been older and realized that it took a lifestyle change and it wasn't "magic" it might have lasted longer, throw in a few bad relationships and it's the battle of the pudge all over again. I think the shakes do work if in the long run you can slowly start to substitute your shakes with actual food.

PS: Vanilla tastes best, cold and with a straw!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    If you like drinking metal!
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have tried it in the past to lose about 5 lbs. before prom/homecoming, but they were not very filling. I ended up being so hungry throughout the day. When I stuck to it, it really worked, but it's not a diet that's sustainable in the long term.
  • tstevens20
    tstevens20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a slim fast for breakfast. I lost 15 pounds before I got pregnant with my son, but stopped drinking them and put the weight back on. I have started drinking them again and with that and counting calories and exercise I have lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks! I never have time to fix breakfast so it is good for me to grab on my way out the door.