2 9-oz bags of baby spinach
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 5-oz salmon fillets with skin
1/3 cup chopped shallot (1 very large)
1/3 cup halved pitted kalamata olives
1/3 cup golden raisins
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp honey

Pour a few tablespoons water into a heavy, large, nonstick skillet. Place over med-high heat. Add one bag of spinach (skillet will be full). Using two wooden spoons, turn and toss spinach until most of leaves are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add remaining spinach leaves in 2 batches. Turn and toss spinach until just wilted but still bright green. Transfer cooked spinach to a strainer set over a bowl.

Wipe skillet dry. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium-high meat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place in skillet, skin side up. Sear until brown, about three minutes. Turn fish. Cook until just opaque in center, three to four minutes. Transfer to plate (side / edge); wipe skillet clean.

Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to same skillet. Add chopped shallot, halved olives, and golden raisins. Stir 1 minute. Add spinach; toss until heated through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Mound spinach mixture on plates, top with salmon.

Add balsamic vinegar and honey to skillet. Boil until reduced to glaze, about 30 seconds. Spoon glaze over salmon and spinach and serve.

Replies

• AISA86
    AISA86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Quite a lot of calories there fella. The thing I like about fish though is that it is so filling!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Quite a lot of calories there fella. The thing I like about fish though is that it is so filling!

Huh, that's what I usually try to take in per meal. I'm going for 2100 daily.

I like how low the sodium is.
  • AISA86
    AISA86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Each to their own. Personally, I try and make each meal 300-400 calories.