When you started what motivated you to exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.
  • jimmy28
    jimmy28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The thing that has motivated me the most is my walking partner. Even when I didn't feel like doing the aerobics or weights, my dog wanted to walk no matter if it was freezing cold, raining or too hot to breathe. So thanks to her I walk whether I do anything else or not. Now I've found a workout program I can do at home on the TV, and my motivativation to do that is that I feel positive about myself when I'm finished. I don't want to think about what I'm doing as a diet or a temporary workout. I want it to change my life for a whole healthier package of proper diet and physical activity. So everyday that I eat right and workout, I feel good about myself. I haven't wanted to stop feeling that way again. That's my motivation to do more than walk.
  • SLSBurn
    Options
    I exercise because ever since I was 14 I've been doing it. I played sports and stuff cause I liked it. You just need to do anything that's fun to you! You don't have to do anything you don't want to. If you've been interested in sports like stuff take it easy like you're doing like walking and then step it up and do some sport you wanted to play. :) But yeah I weight lift cause it's fun and it's challenging.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Did you say that you are "starting" with a 5k walk? That seems to be a pretty long walk for first time out. Be careful not to do too much, too soon or you may burn yourself out or feel like you're failing for not being able to keep the pace with others.

Motivation to start exercise needs to come from within if you want to stick with it. If it's fun or challenging--and you see results with time--you'll probably keep at it. Listen to music or audio books or podcasts to pass the time. Change up your workouts to keep them interesting. Work out with a friend occasionally for companionship. Finally, reward yourself as you reach mini fitness goals. For example, buy a new pair of workout capris so you can look and feel great when you're exercising.

Anything that's a positive outcome will keep you focused and committed. You have to want it in the first place, but little "wins" along the way will keep you in the game!
  • ronitperman
    Options
    Of course its not easy to start workout but from my personal experience once you started its hard to move out. When you going for walk listen some good music. Join some group share your fitness goal and exercise routine with them and find out their ways it help you do something new everyday and you will not be getting bored from the same routine