do you eat for your body type?

Options
This subject has probably come up before, in which case I do apologise. I am an apple/hourglass body type and I'm not having much luck finding info on foods for my body type. Any suggestions for meal plans?

Replies

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about eating for Apple/Pear/Hourglass Body types,...but i found this link which is pretty interesting.
    It talks about Body Type Eating if you are either an Ectomorph, Endomorph or Mesomorph Body Type.
    http://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-body-type-eating
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Here I thought this was going to be about the zombie apocalypse.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Mesomorphs are just totally disproved psychological theory which has no basis in well reality.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I was fat - I ate like a fat person. Now that I'm thinner - I eat like a thinner person. It really works. :wink:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You just eat less of the non-nutritious stuff and more of the nutritious stuff than you were eating before, and less overall. There's no such thing as a diet for body type that isn't a complete gimmick or hogwash.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    in answer to the question posed on the title of this post, no, i do not eat for my body type. my husband and i are built very differently, we both have very long legs, but he has a long torso and is very lean and tall, where i have a smaller torso and i tend to carry more weight. we both eat the same foods and "diet." i see no benefit in eating differently based on how you are built. except of course if you are overweight and need to curb calories vs. being underweight and needing to add calories.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    I dont think eating needs to be any different according to 'body type' OP - well, not in the sense you mean.

of course, over weight body types need to eat less calories to lose weight but they dont need a particualr 'meal plan'
  • markrichtsspraytan
    Options
    I eat less calories than most people because I'm shorter than most people. That's about where it ends.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I was fat - I ate like a fat person. Now that I'm thinner - I eat like a thinner person. It really works. :wink:

I love you :flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You just eat less of the non-nutritious stuff and more of the nutritious stuff than you were eating before, and less overall. There's no such thing as a diet for body type that isn't a complete gimmick or hogwash.

This.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My body type is human, so I eat foods that nourish my human body. The good news is that humans are omnivores, so if it doesn't immediately kill you, and it's in MFP's calorie database, then it's probably food. Just don't go over your daily/weekly calorie goal and you should be just fine. :bigsmile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Yes I surely do...

...and other body types too,

in the right amounts.
  • Cheyenne_K_
    Cheyenne_K_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There are always going to be generalizations that people fit into, like apple vs pear body shapes. But to eat a certain way or exercise a certain way, I believe, is totally dependant on the individual. I have an apple/endomorph body type, and the general rule is to do lots of cardio and lay off the carbs. But when I dropped my carbs and raised my protein I started putting on pounds, felt sluggish, and was hating my diet. As soon as I raised my carbs and kept my protein at 25% of my diet, Im back to slimming down. So you should focus on learning your own body and going from there.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

^^ so true :)
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Yes I surely do...

in the right amounts.

You are so awesome.
    Your humor and wit abound.
    I like being your friend. :flowerforyou:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Yes I surely do...

in the right amounts.

You are so awesome.
    Your humor and wit abound.
    I like being your friend. :flowerforyou:

SQUEE!:smooched:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a human type body and eat accordingly :bigsmile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have a human type body and eat accordingly :bigsmile:

Hmm I must have a baker's body type. :blushing:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Here is how to eat for all body types... though you may want to consult a doctor if you have any medical conditions:

Gain weight: Eat at a caloric surplus, ensure you get enough fat and protein, vitamins and minerals

Maintain weight: Eat at maintenance calories (on average), ensure you get enough fat and protein, vitamins and minerals

Lose weight: Eat at a caloric deficit, ensure you get enough fat and protein, vitamins and minerals