Safe to consume 300g of cottage cheese?

Options
So after observing my diary for a good while, I feel that Cottage Cheese is one of the best choices for my nutritional goals. I mean, it's cheap, delicious, low in cals, has a great amount of protein, healthy fats and super good post workout and before bed!

Giving that I stay under my recommanded daily sodium intake and calories, is there a reason not to consume 300 grams of cottage cheese a day? I never season any of my other meals w/salt btw so, my diet is quite low in sodium and I drink LOTS of water.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep eating the cottage cheese. The sodium is o.k. unless you have a medical issue.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't see an issue, unless you have a hithero undiscovered lactose intolerance! The sodium isn't too bad, particularly if you aren't adding it in other places.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    probably..at least i hope so..i get a container and it lasts me 2 meals..thats 1.5 cups each, and according to a label online, each serving is 113 g ( so 339g per 1.5 cup), and for me so far so good..i think you will be ok:smile:
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. With sweet stuff, savory stuff, or just straight out of the container.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat the stuff -- even the one that says "lactose free."
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I was gonna mention the sodium thing but you were on that one. :)

You would definitely be getting your protein in. 225 grams has 25 grams of protein.
  • Wicibeth
    Wicibeth Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat about 400g of cottage cheese a day. I love the stuff.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making your own?
    My daughter made cottage cheese a school today.
    Absolutely delicious and so easy to make.
  • AmrOnTop
    AmrOnTop Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll go for it then. Thanks everybody!
    @georgina1970 I haven't tried that actually .. I'll look it up xD
  • Actually_Mike
    Actually_Mike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat about 200g of cottage cheese daily! It doesn't last long in my house and shame on whoever leaves a few curds left in the container! Teasing me!

A go to snack is cottage cheese and some tortilla chips - using the CC as a dip. It shouldn't work, but definitely does! Try and let me know if you guys like it!