NSV - 20.5 Mile Bike Tour

Yesterday my husband and I went on our first bike tour - 20.5 miles including some pretty significant hills. I rode 22 miles a few weeks ago but it was on a rails trail which has no more than a 3% grade. My SO was a competitive cyclist in college and although he doesn't ride like he used to, he is still pretty strong and if it were not for him, I'm not sure if I could have made it up the last few hills. We both ride recumbents- mine is a trike, which means they are murder on hills because you can't stand up on them and use your body weight to get it up a hill. My weight plateaued this week for the first time since I've started, and if it hadn't been for the NSV of the ride I would have been much more discouraged. Hopefully the weight will start to slowly drop once again by the next weight in. My goal is to do two more bike tours before the winter weather hits.

Replies

• swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    I always wondered how recumbent bicycles were on hills. Great job!
  • I am so proud of you! And if you can keep up with him , I think you are doing great!!! I bet you built some muscle!!!!!
    Way to go!!!!!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Thanks. I think it was more him having to slow down for me, but yeah I'll take it as me keeping up with him.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Congratulations! Make sure you record your time and thoughts on the tour somewhere to save. Then when you do it again next year (having stuck with MFP and lost even more weight), compare it to see how far you've come :D Keep on biking!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!