Banana Muffins (Mini-muffins)

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Muffins-II/Detail.aspx

The above recipe is probably my favorite muffin recipe out of the 4 or 5 kinds I made over the weekend. Tastes just like bite-size banana bread and great with just a dab of butter on them too, hot or cold.

Quick and easy.

I entered the recipe on here and these are the nutrition facts I came up with...

1 serving (4 mini-muffins)

Calories: 183
Carbs: 31
Fat: 6
Protein: 3
Sodium: 288

Not bad for a snack!! :)

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    what size muffin tray do you use? since they are mini muffins is it a smaller tray? I was thinking they were like two bite brownies but they look bigger.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    It has cooking time for muffins and mini-muffins. My mini-muffin tray holds 24, and this recipe did about 2 trays. 10 minutes in the oven is all it took. :)
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YUM sounds good! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ok sweet i'll see if my mom has a mini muffin tray!!! i LOVE banana muffins!!! they are my weakness!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    179459_502097258345_630193345_5982857_1516220_n.jpg

Here's a pic. Had them as a snack this morning. :smile:
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    making these today, thanks!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    They look humongous! :o)
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    made em.
    shared em.
    loved em!
  • bschafers
    bschafers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this - just made them & am in love :)
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Made them last night, and added chocolate chips to half the batch! YUM!! Also - made them gluten free. They are delicious!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Made them last night, and added chocolate chips to half the batch! YUM!! Also - made them gluten free. They are delicious!

What flour combo did you use to make them GF? I have to cook stuff for my little boy GFCF and I'm new at what kinds of flour taste good together.
  • sheilabennett
    Options

What flour combo did you use to make them GF? I have to cook stuff for my little boy GFCF and I'm new at what kinds of flour taste good together.

I just used El-Peto All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix. I have tried mixing flours myself, and have no idea what I am doing! this one works great. I just substitute it for any recipe that calls for all purpose flour. And its a straight substitution, which makes it easy!
  • forgiven4life
    Options

I just used El-Peto All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix. I have tried mixing flours myself, and have no idea what I am doing! this one works great. I just substitute it for any recipe that calls for all purpose flour. And its a straight substitution, which makes it easy!

Okay, thanks! Never heard of that brand, but I can use just a general All purpose GF mix.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Rach!! I love banana muffins and delighted I can make low cal versions!! Will be trying them out at the weekend!
  • alicewoman1
    alicewoman1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious :)
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump