This sounds silly but here goes

Options
I love grilled pork sausages . I count then into my calories but every times I've eaten them I feel guilty and like I'm going to be huge and fat .What's everyone's views on grilled sausages / should I stop eating them ??

Replies

• violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    As long as you budget for them, and get the nutrients you need in the day, go for it! I eat what I want, take a vitamin, and eat other healthy foods. This is a lifestyle not a diet, you can't be miserable or you'll fail or gain it all back. Enjoy your sausages!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am having sun dried chicken sausages for lunch today. They are a great source of protein and fairly low calorie so I can eat more food. There is nothing wrong with them, so you shouldn't feel guilty about them or any other food.

And never stop eating food that you enjoy. Especially considering your are almost at maintenance where you can probably eat over 2000 calories if you are active.
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the chicken sausages? I have substituted them for the pork ones and think they're delicious! And they lessen the guilt that I'm not eating as healthy as I should be.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you tried the chicken sausages? I have substituted them for the pork ones and think they're delicious! And they lessen the guilt that I'm not eating as healthy as I should be.

Eating chicken sausage vs pork doesn't mean it's any healthier. It's all personal preference. It's like bacon vs turkey bacon. If you look at both packages, they are nutritional equivalent, well pending you aren't getting the thick cut. I know my center cut bacon and turkey bacon are both 80 calories per 3 slices.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you love the sausage, eat the sausage! Worry less about calories and fat (which are fine if accounted for) and more about all that salt and the nitrates.

Actually, I rarely worry about that either. Well, the salt, mostly because it causes me to retain a ton of water.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I love grilled pork sausages . I count then into my calories but every times I've eaten them I feel guilty and like I'm going to be huge and fat .What's everyone's views on grilled sausages / should I stop eating them ??

:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with any food, so long as it fits into your caloric allowances and is used in moderation.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

IIFYM
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just earn them and count them--and you're prob way better off than if you were eating doughnuts!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Just earn them and count them--and you're prob way better off than if you were eating doughnuts!

Hey now, I had like 3 of them over the weekend..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your plan, then go for it. The only way you'd end up 'huge and fat' is if you mass consumed them on a ridiculous scale regularly.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    You are what you eat....sorry :wink: your going to short and fat forever........No really stop it eat the sausage and don't worry about it. I may have that today myself.