Full fat Fage Greek yogurt

tastes significantly better than 2% or 0%.

I've just had this revelation and needed to share it. I've been forcing myself to eat 2% or 0%, mixing in everything from peanut butter to chocolate protein powder to honey, in an effort to make it edible. Finally tried the full fat variety, it's life-changing.

Replies

• Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    It's so hard to find the full fat version around here. I usually go for the 2%. But Trader Joe's has a full fat of their own brand Greek yogurt that's not bad.
  • landiekate
    landiekate Posts: 32 Member
    Mucho agree.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    I've only seen the 0 and 2% Fage in our local stores. Where are you finding a full fat version?
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    No lies detected. I wish I could find it more; it's usually the 2% or 0% around here, too.
  • BradWI
    BradWI Posts: 20 Member
    What's the label say? I've seen Total 0%, Total 2% and one that just says Total. Is it the latter?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Hmmm, I may have to hunt this down. One of the grocery stores here doesn't even sell plain Fage.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Cabot makes 10% milk fat yogurt- it's pricey (310 calories for 226 grams) but it's only 4 or 5 bucks compared to the 7-9 Fage is.

It's really good.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    You can type in your zip code on their website and it'll track down the closest place that sells it. And the kinds they keep in stock :)

http://products.usa.fage.eu/fage-total-classic-7-oz
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I don't think I've seen that. I just get the 0% because I can buy in bulk at Costco. I think 0% tastes better than Chobani or a few other brands I've tried.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    I believe I found the full fat version at Mariano's. I didn't realize it was hard to find! I know Costco doesn't carry the large full fat, which is a bummer.

It is the one that has neither 0% nor 2% on the label.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    The benefit of using full fat yoghurt is that it contains more minerals than the low fat alternatives. There is already a tendency for people to be low in dietary iodine and selenium which causes many of the body's systems to suffer from stress.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Cabot makes 10% milk fat yogurt- it's pricey (310 calories for 226 grams) but it's only 4 or 5 bucks compared to the 7-9 Fage is.

It's really good.

THANK YOU.

I stumbled across this in Florida once (Publix is AWESOME) and I cannot find it back home in Michigan. I couldn't remember the brand - knowing it again will be very helpful!

Also: godDAMN that stuff was good!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    I was starting to think that such a thing did not exist. I will get back to looking, now. thank you. I miss yogurt. :flowerforyou:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    tastes significantly better than 2% or 0%.

I've just had this revelation and needed to share it. I've been forcing myself to eat 2% or 0%, mixing in everything from peanut butter to chocolate protein powder to honey, in an effort to make it edible. Finally tried the full fat variety, it's life-changing.

Agreed... Fage full fat is the only yogurt I eat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Yeah it's delicious, much harder to fit in my calories though :(
  • JoRocka

It's really good.

THANK YOU.

I stumbled across this in Florida once (Publix is AWESOME) and I cannot find it back home in Michigan. I couldn't remember the brand - knowing it again will be very helpful!

Also: godDAMN that stuff was good!

indeed- I flip flop back and forth between the low fat and 10%- mostly because the 10% is so much higher in calories and I like eating a full serving rather than a half. But yeah- stuff is delicious.
    I think my friend says they don't sell it in Michigan. (we talk about yogurt a fair bit) LOL
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Agreed. I can't usually find it. I eat a lot of Noosa. I try to justify the cost by saving and using the containers in lieu of Tupperware.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Yeah it's delicious, much harder to fit in my calories though :(

Interestingly, the 2% has slightly more protein than full fat (20 g in the 7 oz container vs. 18 g). It does have double the fat, but only 40 more calories. Worth it, IMO.
    (0% fat has almost half the calories, 18 g protein)

Oh well. I like the fat.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    :frown: we don't get the full fat here - just 0% & 2%
  • JoRocka
    Agreed. I can't usually find it. I eat a lot of Noosa. I try to justify the cost by saving and using the containers in lieu of Tupperware.

HA I thought I was the only one- I'm amassing a small army of large yogurt containers- I think right now I have 2 in my fridge and then like 3 in my living room full of beading/chain/tool supply type things.