ICE CREAM <3

Options
I LOVE it! I almost always have 'Breyers - No Sugar Added - Salted Caramel Swirl' in the freezer. I think the macros are great & usually fit into my day at 90 cals, 16 carbs, 4 fat, 2 protein for 1/2 cup (58g).

Any other suggestions that I can grab at the generic grocery store - Publix, Winn-Dixie?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! I almost always have 'Breyers - No Sugar Added - Salted Caramel Swirl' in the freezer. I think the macros are great & usually fit into my day at 90 cals, 16 carbs, 4 fat, 2 protein for 1/2 cup (58g).

Any other suggestions that I can grab at the generic grocery store - Publix, Winn-Dixie?

Ben & Jerry's Phish Food is my favorite.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Edy's/Dreyer's slow churned is great, and 100-140 calories depending on the flavor. And yes, Ben & Jerry's for when I have extra calories left over.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    90 cals for 1/2 a cup! I need to find me some of that... (Ice cream junkie here....)
  • smelanie504
    Options
    I <3 the Ben and Jerry's froyo
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    They make smaller ice cream sandwiches now, they are great for those awful cravings...
  • arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches! They are 150 calories for one sandwich and they are HUGE! I am full after eating one and almost always can squeeze it into my day :)
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thanks yal! I'm not a big fan of the 'sandwiches' - those 'chocolate' pieces on the outside are kinda funky... but gimme the middle! ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned definitely. I also love the Healthy Choice 100 calorie Greek yogurt cups... And the Good Humor 100 calorie vanilla/chocolate 'snack pops'. The vanilla Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom stuff isn't too bad but I didn't like the chocolate.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers - Dark Chocolate Dulcé De Leche ice-cream bar is one of my go to treats.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream. Last night, I made some from frozen bananas, cocoa powder and chocolate PB2. It was heavenly and a huge bowl was less than 200 calories. I added walnuts, dark chocolate chips and raspberries.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream most nights. Well, the past little bit I've been subbing in Halloween candy, but I'll be back to ice cream in no time.

I usually have Talenti or Edy's slow-churned.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like Ben and Jerrys "Americone Dream". Also twix ice cream is the bomb diggity. We have Galaxy ice cream here which is awesome. But my favorite one is "Cake Batter Batter Batter!" from coldstone :)
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    90 cals for 1/2 a cup! I need to find me some of that... (Ice cream junkie here....)

Mhmm and its delicious! Don't let the 'no sugar added' fool you - its not the same as that 'sugar free' stuff.. its WAY better.
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Publix brand Chocolate Trinity is so good! I put mine in a cup and pour a little bit of milk over it and it is delicious!
    Mmmm... I may need to go to Publix tonight!
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Make your own.

Seriously.

It is hands down the best ice cream out there AND you get to control what you put in it.

I bought the ice cream attachment for my stand mixer and my husband and I have been making and freezing all kinds of flavors of ice cream. We made a few batches of mint chocolate chip. We infused the milk with real, crushed up mint. Peanut butter, coffee/Kahlua/toffee, blueberry . . . going to make another batch of peanut butter some time this week and a plain ol' vanilla. It's super easy and cheaper than the store bought. Plus you get a true gallon of ice cream.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

For real! I found stony field frozen yogurt for 100 and sometimes I eat the whole damn pint because I can. But ice cream is better.
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Make your own.

Seriously.

It is hands down the best ice cream out there AND you get to control what you put in it.

I bought the ice cream attachment for my stand mixer and my husband and I have been making and freezing all kinds of flavors of ice cream. We made a few batches of mint chocolate chip. We infused the milk with real, crushed up mint. Peanut butter, coffee/Kahlua/toffee, blueberry . . . going to make another batch of peanut butter some time this week and a plain ol' vanilla. It's super easy and cheaper than the store bought. Plus you get a true gallon of ice cream.

Oh man, this reminded me that we got the ice cream attachment for my mixer for our wedding and have yet to use it!
    Forget Publix, I'm making ice cream tonight!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Make your own.

Seriously.

Oh man, this reminded me that we got the ice cream attachment for my mixer for our wedding and have yet to use it!

I complain about making hard boiled eggs, so this is definitely not happening.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Make your own.

Seriously.

My husband is obsessed with making ice cream and we've only eaten the peanut butter flavor and the first test batch of mint chocolate chip. :laugh:

We also have a vacuum sealer so we put it in a zip lock bag, let it harden then vacuum seal it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch gelato