need motivation

Options
Hi all. I am new here and need some friends to help motivate and keep me on track. Any takers?

Replies

• loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sure! Welcome! This is a great site and the people here are amazing, supportive people! Good luck...sending you a friend request!
  • khelwig
    khelwig Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi, Amy!
    I'll be your friend!
  • Toaster88
    Toaster88 Posts: 146
    Options
    Add me, too.
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think you've come to the right place for motivation!!! =) Welcome! :flowerforyou: I just started last week myself... Everybody's awesome and we're all here for the same thing, so dive in!! BEWARE: MFP IS ADDICTING!! I find myself going to grab a glass of water just so i can click the button!! lol :wink:
  • bennersmom
    bennersmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find myself going to grab a glass of water just so i can click the button!! lol :wink:

ME TOO! And it's always motivating to see who completed their diary under their goal, and it makes me want to as well. Glad you are here!
  • ldhudson
    Options
    Hi, I am in a desperate situation and I really need some help and direction. Sometimes I do not believe I am doing things porperly. I am so overweight and terribly unhealthy. I have been trying to really lose weight this time. Since I have originally started mfp, I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Do you all think that is enough? I do not know how to count everything . I drink more water, eat less red meat, eat more turkey, more vegetable and walk as much as I can. When I am outside, I walk everywhere but I can do so much. I need to lose at least 100 lbs in 2011. my goal is by my birthday-Oct. 11. Is this too much. Someone please send me in the right direction.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in a desperate situation and I really need some help and direction. Sometimes I do not believe I am doing things porperly. I am so overweight and terribly unhealthy. I have been trying to really lose weight this time. Since I have originally started mfp, I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. Do you all think that is enough? I do not know how to count everything . I drink more water, eat less red meat, eat more turkey, more vegetable and walk as much as I can. When I am outside, I walk everywhere but I can do so much. I need to lose at least 100 lbs in 2011. my goal is by my birthday-Oct. 11. Is this too much. Someone please send me in the right direction.

Hi there. Just wondering what the issue is with counting your calories? I don't do it "exactly"....for instance, currently I'm eating for lunch a gourmet chicken from our local grocery, with 1/4 or less tsp of garlic aoili, mustard and water for lunch and usually it's 2 thin slices of the meat on french bread. However, I haven't logged it all in properly YET, so I looked for a turkey sandwich most similar to what I'm eating which is, I think a turkey sammie, with miracle whip, on honey wheat & 2 slices of turkey. It's similar but not exactly correct. Until I finally log it all in correctly one day (for instance, I've already put in Wildwood Garlic Aoili) but I haven't added in the Boar's head turkey properly yet, etc. Once I DO log it all in, I will be able to click RECIPES on the FOOD link and log it in as a recipe and then from then on I'll be able to just leave it there as my proper sandwich.

10 lbs in 3 weeks is great btw. But if you can't keep up that rate you can still try to do 1 lb every week. You might want to join the thread for people who need to lose 100 lbs which is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/161904-need-to-lose-100-lbs-or-more-lets-start-a-group

There's also groups for 50 lbs, 200 lbs, people who weigh over 300, etc. I love being part of any of the groups that appeal to you. I'm in more than one group for instance. I have my own (see the sig), I am part of the 100 lbs to lose thread, and tonight I just joined the Food Addicts group.

You'll find a lot of support here, don't worry, you're in the right place.
  • hickman52003
    Options
    I will add you too. :)