ICE CREAM <3

Options

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm an ice cream junkie too! Anything with chocolate or caramel......

When I want to keep it healthy, I put a frozen banana and 1tablespoon cacao powder in a blender. Depending on the blender, add a bit of water or almond milk for better blending.

You'd be amazed how yummy that is! If you don't care for chocolate, add other berries or even some peanut butter.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches! They are 150 calories for one sandwich and they are HUGE! I am full after eating one and almost always can squeeze it into my day :)

YES!!! It is the BOMB.COM
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Make your own.

Seriously.

It is hands down the best ice cream out there AND you get to control what you put in it.

I bought the ice cream attachment for my stand mixer and my husband and I have been making and freezing all kinds of flavors of ice cream. We made a few batches of mint chocolate chip. We infused the milk with real, crushed up mint. Peanut butter, coffee/Kahlua/toffee, blueberry . . . going to make another batch of peanut butter some time this week and a plain ol' vanilla. It's super easy and cheaper than the store bought. Plus you get a true gallon of ice cream.

Oh man, this reminded me that we got the ice cream attachment for my mixer for our wedding and have yet to use it!
    Forget Publix, I'm making ice cream tonight!

I complain about making hard boiled eggs, so this is definitely not happening.

This made me laugh! :laugh:
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Make your own.

Seriously.

It is hands down the best ice cream out there AND you get to control what you put in it.

I bought the ice cream attachment for my stand mixer and my husband and I have been making and freezing all kinds of flavors of ice cream. We made a few batches of mint chocolate chip. We infused the milk with real, crushed up mint. Peanut butter, coffee/Kahlua/toffee, blueberry . . . going to make another batch of peanut butter some time this week and a plain ol' vanilla. It's super easy and cheaper than the store bought. Plus you get a true gallon of ice cream.

Oh man, this reminded me that we got the ice cream attachment for my mixer for our wedding and have yet to use it!
    Forget Publix, I'm making ice cream tonight!

My husband is obsessed with making ice cream and we've only eaten the peanut butter flavor and the first test batch of mint chocolate chip. :laugh:

We also have a vacuum sealer so we put it in a zip lock bag, let it harden then vacuum seal it.

A vacuum sealer is a great idea! We've been talking about getting a chest freezer because we keep running out of room. Maybe stock piling ice cream will be what pushes us over the edge! :happy:
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    The best thing about the No-Sugar Added ice cream is that if you eat too much of it the Sorbitol they use as a sweetener it will make sure you never do it again.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    LOL .. do you mean because the sugar alcohol can act as a laxative? 1/2 cup isn't SO bad tho..
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Talenti gelato is my favorite specifically: Peanut butter cup, mint and chocolate chip
    Halo top creamery chocolate is good too and the macros are awesome
    Edy's Slow churned
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I eat the real deal (no low cal, low fat ice cream for me) and toss some yummy chocolate chips on top, because they are tasty!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream, but it's hard for me to not put away the whole pint. I've been eating sorbet here lately instead. I can have a whole lot more for fewer calories, and I prefer the fresher taste of it anyway.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I had 800 cals worth of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey today and I am only 8 cals over my goal :P
  • Relentless_0ne
    Options
    The best thing about the No-Sugar Added ice cream is that if you eat too much of it the Sorbitol they use as a sweetener it will make sure you never do it again.

LOL! This is funny cause its true.

This post is also funny because .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWB2T_dDuUA

Eat what you want, idc, but its just ironic. :drinker:
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Phish Food is my favorite.

Phish Food is amazing. It's got everything--chocolate, gooey caramel and marshmallow ribbons, chocolate fish... mmmm.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well Talenti is my favorite but I typically don't have that many calories to spend on ice cream... especially as it's hard to stop at one serving.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Chunky Monkey and Hazed and Confused by Ben & Jerry's are my go to's!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Try them all!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Talenti is tops, Graeters, Ben and Jerry's has some good ones but when I'm on a budget (lately because I eat pints), Edy's has some nice flavors too. Smores, cookie dough, I'm looking for the pumpkin pie one right now... I love ice cream. Even in weight loss I'd have a few servings at night. It was worth it
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Oh man there are some amazing sounding ice creams in here!

Is it wrong that I love Vanilla with sprinkles lol I'm a plain kinda gal
  • kathym617
    kathym617 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream most days. I'd say it's my favorite food, but I'd say that about pizza and cheese too.

For daily consumption: Edy's Slow Churned (usually Peanut Butter Cup) or, my favorite slow churned, Hood's Under the Stars. Yum.

If I have extra calories, Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby. So damn good.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch gelato

*drools*
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    FYI: Blue Bell just released a new flavor called Malt Shoppe. It's fantastic.

http://cdn.bluebell.com/the_little_creamery/press_releases/press_msic.html
    [img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/bluebell/img/Malt Shoppe-Press.jpg[/img]