Newbie Needing to Connect

Options
Hi Everyone!! I am totally new to this and don't know if I am even posting to the right spot! LOL!!!
I'm having a rough day today. I feel as though I am surrounded by people who are so harsh and unkind.
I feel like hiding. And that's not me. I have been so strong, moving at a slow but acceptable pace, and BOOM!
Something has changed. I feel desperate, hopeless, even depressed. I feel so alone at this and I know I'm not.
I guess I am just reaching out to see who is out here and get a few encouraging words. Thanks much

Replies

• amymdeluca
    Options
    Hi Stacey,
    Welcome :) Please know you are not alone! Not at all. Everybody has stumbles and plateaus. You can do this, and you've come to the right place for sure. Hey cut yourself a break, you're human, we all are lol
    ~Amy
  • corkjanet
    Options
    Hi don't feel down or lonely I have rejoined the site.
    Met some people last time who really motivated me and I lost 8 stone.
    I'm now a size 14 but I need to jump back on and lose another 2 stone but dieting isn't going to do it.
    So chin up let's get started luv Janet x
  • sweetpea328i
    Options
    Hello Stacey,
    I'm new as well to myfitnesspal. Setting goals has been pretty touch for me but I've made the leap to get myself going....especially before the holiday parties set in. The best way to get through a stressful day is to walk. I got a new treadmill and added Ifit to track my process. I am loving it. Hang in there and don't feel alone there are so many out here to help and keep you encouraged.
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey Stacey!

Slow and steady is the name of this game...there are so many factors to weight loss and health in general that any lasting change will come from your thoughtful approach to this process!

Just think, how many years did it take you to get where you are today? Shouldn't you also give yourself a break to know that reversing the process will also take time? You are doing great at your slow and steady pace...keep it up and know that there are MANY of us out here that struggle with the same thing...delaying gratification for true, long-term change in how we look, feel, and think about ourselves!

You are on the right path and deserve to give yourself the room to follow that path despite outside influences!

Keep it up!

Anders
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Some days are up, some days are down. It's good to learn how to deal with both and realize that neither are a permanent state of affairs.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    There's lots of people here and success stories that are so inspiring. Some days you just have to tie a knot in the end of your rope and hang on right? Listen to some favorite music on the way home and hug your children, tomorrow's another day!
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling - but I've discovered we aren't alone.. just outnumbered :P
    It's difficult sometimes to surround ourselves with like-minded people, but it can be done and is worth the effort. Posting this has you off to a good start!
    You've made amazing progress to date, give yourself the credit you deserve for that and keep doing what you have been, it's working!
  • Squid4TRX
    Squid4TRX Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    A lot of what has been said in previous posts is spot on and we all have those days when it feels like what we are doing is in vain. It is always easier to go back to what is comfortable instead of staying the course; making that change until it becomes the new normal is what we are all striving for. You are not alone in this journey as you can see; just remember you are doing this for you and your family. No one should rob you of the satisfaction you gain when attaining a goal. Keep pressing and all the best to you!

Brian
  • lizzie14115
    lizzie14115 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacey,
    Just a bad day, you will have had plenty in the past,and sadly will probably have more in the future, but the fact you have achieved so much, getting through and also losing weight shows that you are a survivor. You are a mum, and i bet your two teenagers just adore you?, allow yourself to adore you too. Life can be hard, but also wonderfull:smile:
    Feel free to add me, we can get to know each other and support each other on the journey.
    Catrina x
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We all have ups and downs. You got this!