Alcohol

Options
I have a night out planned for Saturday and everyone will be drinking. I'm really nervous about going because I can't bear the thought of consuming soo many empty calories from alcohol. What do others do in this situation? I'm thinking I will go and not drink. Although don't think I'll have as good of a night :(

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Personally, I drink anyways. I'll snack very lightly throughout the day (soups, lean meats, etc), have a decent meal before drinking, and then drink however many calories I have left in the day.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    it's one night. have fun....what's the point of doing it if you're going to be worrying about it? Stay away from sugary drinks (they get you messed up anyway). Or just have what you want, don't get sloppy and watch what you order at the diner later.

Get back on the horse the day after. It's not like you are going to consume 25000 calories and just do nothing for the rest of the week.

Have fun. And have one for me....I haven't had a drink in 3.5 years, but that's just cuz I'm a low down dirty drug addict (haha....just kidding, but only a little)
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have one hard drink, then follow it with a soda water/diet tonic with a lime. Keep alternating. No one has to know that your tonic water is alcohol-free!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ermagerds! EMPTY CALORIES!!!

Drink craft beer then. Carbs, protein, flavor.

You're good to go.

ermagerds.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Try sparking water and vodka. I don't drink often but when I did this was one of my go to drinks.
  • nicolawinehouse
    nicolawinehouse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hope that made you feel good about yourself!

You're good to go.

ermagerds.
  • nicolawinehouse
    nicolawinehouse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I may have a few cheeky ones then :)
  • jodiecooks281
    jodiecooks281 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always have one treat day a week!!! normally on a Sunday................But I am off for a meal on Wednesday night so that will be my treat instead!!

If you restrict absolutely everything it just makes it harder and no fun!! what's the point of all this hard work and fitness if you can't have a good time every once in a while!

xx
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is always hard. I stress myself out over the temptation of not wanting to. If you think you can have one or two just sip it really slow. But I am the type of person i like the buzz and relaxed feeling so i'll want more. Workout for a couple hours so you can burn over 1000 calories then you'll have enough to drink with.
  • daterbanan
    Options
    What a great idea! Love this.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hope that made you feel good about yourself!

You're good to go.

ermagerds.

But he haz a point - beer is not "empty calories - it has carbs and protein! Drink long and prosper!