What are you athletic and/or strength goals?

Options
I thought this would be an interesting topic for those of us that are pursing training and exercise for purposes other than health or weight related reasons.

What are your athletic and/or strength goals? Do you have a certain goal or target that you want to hit on the big 3 lifts? Do you want to run a mile in under 6 minutes?

There are tons of other things but those are a couple of examples to get the ball rolling.

Personally, I would love to get a 1600 lb powerlifting total with a stretch goal of 1800 lbs. I would also love to dunk a basketball.

Please share what you would like to accomplish.

Replies

• PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hiking is my main interest when it comes to things that are active.

Eventually I'd like to complete either the Pacific Crest Trail or the Continental Divide Trail in a single attempt. They're both about 2700 miles long and take the average person 6 months to complete.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run a 5K under 30min I'm super close I'm at 35 min currently and eventually run a half marathon.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I WANT TO DO 5 PULL UPS!!!!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    9% body fat
    100 mile bike ride at 21+ mph.
    1/2 Marathon by Spring 2015
    Increase in measurements on the good spots. Reduce measurements in the bad spots :)
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Step on the scale at 200 lbs @ 7% body fat
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Complete a sprint triathalon
  • LariMoore
    Options
    *5 Real Pull-ups - so far I can do 0 pullups, but I can hold myself up for about 3 seconds :)
    *10 Real Pushups - so far I can do about 3 good real pushups
    *Run a mile..no specific time goal just yet, just to be able to run (so far I can do about 4 consecutive minutes running)