Just need to vent

Options
I really thought I would have lost a lot more weight this week. I have been watching how many grams of sugar I take in a day and try not to go over 35g/day. I did this all week it was very hard, I was expecting to lose a more weight than I did (-2.6lbs), and on the weekend I went on a sugar binge. I ended up gaining 1lbs back in 2 days. I have been looking into diet pills and maybe even laxatives. Im not proud to say but I have even made myself throw up a few times because im just disgusted with myself. I hate that im so fat and ugly. I wish I had to mind power to stick with my new life style on the weekends.

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    So have you ever spoken to a professional about this, first of all? I can't even respond fully to the sugar thing because I don't want to trigger you, but it seems to me like this is at a level where professional help is needed. That isn't an insult, lots of people need help for one thing or another and an ED might be your demon, but it's best to confront it head on so you can heal because that post was filled with a lot of scary things.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    You need to speak with a professional. Someone who can help you deal with your ED/potential ED and who can help you with creating a more positive self-image. And also speak to a nutritionist to help you with your eating. Seriously, please seek help. This is not a road you want to go down. Try to get a handle on it now before you lose complete control.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    If you are making yourself ill you need professional help. This is not normal and you need to address it immediately before it takes over your life and health.

Sugar is not inherently bad for you. The only thing that makes you gain weight is a calorie surplus. However, weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs in a single day, 3-4 from one day to the next for a myriad of reasons that aren't fat gain. Water retention from exercise, excess sodium, if you haven't had a bowel movement, time of the month, excess cortisol. You're looking for trend over several weeks.

But I really really think you need help and I wish you the best
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If I cut sugar, I'd binge on it too. What's wrong with sugar? Eat at a mild deficit. Also, what's the rush? If I lose 1 lb a week it's awesome. Get a reality check and talk to an ED professional about your disordered eating.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Please seek professional help.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It didn't take me 3 weeks to put on 40kg....It's not going to take 3 weeks to lose 40kg.

We are all in the same boat. You have to go slow and steady. It took me a while to realise this, and my billion weight loss attempts and failures before this one are proof.

I lost 700 grams this week. Not even a kilo. I'm still fat and feel ugly.....I could get disappointed with that, but in reality if I lose only 700g each week for a year, I'm going to be 36kg (or 80lbs) lighter.Looking forward to how I will feel in 1 year.

The other might be right about getting some help. It is always good to talk. Don't be so hard on yourself. Good luck.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If I cut sugar, I'd binge on it too. What's wrong with sugar? Eat at a mild deficit. Also, what's the rush? If I lose 1 lb a week it's awesome. Get a reality check and talk to an ED professional about your disordered eating.

I tried cutting sugar completely but I was getting headaches so I've started having a Weight Watchers Jafa bar every day, they're only 75 calories and delicious. My headaches have stopped also.
  • Hi Caitlyn, what I needed was something to inform me on how not to waste time and energy, so I could avoid as many setbacks as possible. These may help you like they helped me.

https://healthfit4life.leadpages.net/gdlking/

-O