before and during - 5'6, 200-150

Options
2»

Replies

• leena_rose
    Options
    thanks so much, y'all!! i haven't seen too many pics of people at similar height/weight to me so i figured it wouldn't hurt to post some! i've been working at it since last december, albeit with some hiccups along the way.

i've struggled with binge eating for all my life, but i went from 145-200 in really a period of less than a year (in 2011-12) during a bad relationship, the awful breakup that followed, and some improperly prescribed medications. in a way i guess i was kind of lucky i'd gained the weight so quickly because i feel like it's maybe made it easier to lose it? i don't know.

the big difference for me, honestly, was just becoming aware of how much i was eating every day. logging on mfp and seeing "3500" or "5000" at the end of the day really hit it home that if i didn't change how i ate, the weight would just keep coming on. after i adjusted how much i was eating on a daily basis, i started adding more exercise. i don't have a car, but instead of taking the bus shorter distances i started walking them. the mall's about three miles away, so now when i go, as long as it's not raining, i walk there and only take the bus home. i do some cardio in my apartment's gym and i know i need to add in strength exercises, but i haven't done that yet... but any exercise is progress! i was so sedentary before.

i've also been working really hard to break that mindset of "oh, already screwed up today, guess i can just overeat for the rest of the week too." i know that's really sabotaged me in the past so now i'm really trying to see each day on its own and be realistic about how much one day can ACTUALLY set me back in the long run, as long as i hop right back on it tomorrow. :)

i'm not entirely sure how friends work on here (i've been logging on mfp for like nine months but i haven't really used any of the other features, haha), but feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! You must feel fantastic to be so close to your goals. Keep on truckin'.
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Keep it up. :smile:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    Great work in a short amount of time. You look wonderful. thanks for sharing how you did it.
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Your story sounds very similar to mine and it's encouraging to see your results. Way to go!!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    great job! gives me inspiration because I am 5'6" I currently look like your before picture. you look great!!!
  • vicbre2010
    vicbre2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job, you must be so proud of yourself. Can you tell us how long it took you to get to 150 lbs? I'm 5 feet 3 ,171 lbs. and my goal is to get to 130 lbs. can you share what type of foods you ate & the amount of exercise you did daily, please.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! WTG!! You look amazing!!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow amazing job! I am adding you for support as I am trying to lose 50 pounds! and I notice you live close to me, I live in Seattle :)
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You look great what an accomplishment
  • FeelinTheLove
    Options
    Dang, girl! You're a rock star - check you out! I bet you feel even better than you look (which is great!). And can you imagine how much healthier you are on the inside (ya know, the bits you can't see like your heart and liver and other organs)? You are an inspiration!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You look great! =D
  • soopaang
    soopaang Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height. Thanks for posting!
  • zazazik
    zazazik Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job ! You look amazing - I am also a binge eater so your story is very inspiring - Thanks for sharing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!