I'm new and could really use a friend

Options
I've always been big but not fat . Now im 34 years old 6 feet tall and 280 lbs with heart problems. I just love to eat and I took it way to far. After I having my baby I found out out bad it was. I had heart failure 4 days after given birth but that still didn't shake me. Now she's 4 and I still have health problems and I can barely play with her. I just started and could really use some friends I must stick to this for her and me and I want to lose 100 lbs.

Replies

• throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I'm Lauren, 32. You can still eat a lot of really good food, just learn some easy healthy recipes and get crackin! Logging everything you put in your mouth will be really illuminating, so I'd highly recommend that. One step at a time :)
  • DancingWildernessWarrior
    Options
    I am always happy to have new friends! Feel free to add me. :)
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie! I've been overweight forever, I've never been thin. When I was in school I was always the biggest kid in the class, kids that were older than me always ask how many times I flunked in school. I'm usually on every day so I can help motivate you if you need it, the more friends the.merrier! :flowerforyou:
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.,,,
  • LarissaBienMiller
    Options
    It's not too late to make changes that will impact you AND your daughter! You're off to a great start!

If you're at all competitive, make it a game to stay under your calorie goals for the day and log EVERYTHING. Such a wakeup call for me. Tough it out for three weeks and then you'll bust a bunch of old habits.

I love to eat too, but it's usually just habit (TV watching, stressed, eat too much because it's yummy.....) but treat it as your new reality ....for life. No diet, no temporary fix until the weight comes off.... make good changes for LIFE.

Good luck!! You can do it. This is all mind over fork.
  • bake_n_run
    bake_n_run Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there..
    I can understand how it feels..Its really hard at the end of the day u come home from work all u want to do is sit on the couch, eat and relax. But like u said, u have your little one for whom u want to get healthy. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and MFP is great there is enormous support out here. I have just gotten back on track after months of eating junk and trust me I see the progress and journeys of so many people who have achieved their goals here, it makes u want to put that cupcake down and make a bowl of something healthy!
    feel free to add me :) Good luck to u!
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Its hard to learn that good for you food is good too! And I love the couch! TV Is great. but I've had to learn that other things are great too! Your in the right place to starting learning! Feel Free to add!
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. As a working mother of 2 I get your struggle, but you can do it! God luck.