cabbage soup diet?

Options
Did anyone do a cabbage soup diet? How did it go? And how do you make it? I'm stuck, and want to be my goal weight by Christmas.

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Noooooo.

Unless you want to be farting up a storm. I mean, is it that important that you be "x" weight by a certain time frame that you would effectively starve yourself and eat nothing but cabbage soup? That sounds...terrible

And in a week you'll be miserable.

Why not...eat at a moderate deficit, learn sustainable habits, and lose some weight before then. Think about this in long term, not to some feeble point a to point b mindset. Trust me, you'll be better suited for maintaining if you take it slowly. ♡

Eta: if you are stuck...check logging accuracy, database entries are flawed sometimes, are you weighing your food on a digital food scale? It can help! Are you overestimating calorie burns? Are you being unrealistic with time frames? How much do you have to lose?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for cabbage, it gets no respect.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I eat red cabbage constantly...but, with other things. I can't imagine my poor tummy with just cabbage in it.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    retired-vintage-cabbage-painting-stencils.jpg

Why would you eat HER ?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    What's the cabbage soup diet?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I know. I usually shred it with a knife and douse it with acid. I am cruel.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. You'd be better to eat less calories than you burn and lose slowly. I know you want it fast, but it's not healthy to do that. Losing slowly is more effective and you're more likely to keep it off long-term.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Didn't we just go thru this less than an hour ago with the 7 day cleanse or some *kitten*?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    What's the cabbage soup diet?

Eat cabbage soup only for 1 week / 10 days - crap the hell out of you, loose ridiculous amount of weight, stop the cabbage soup diet, pick the weight back up in usually 3 days.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Didn't we just go thru this less than an hour ago with the 7 day cleanse or some *kitten*?

Yes. That one was the same diet with a different name.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just, No
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    One more fad/crash diet post and I'll have bingo on my card.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    LOL...why do people continue looking for shortcuts? The answer is right under your nose in a caloric deficit. Look for something sustainable and manageable. Not a quick fix. There are no amounts of magic pill, cabbage soup, juicing, lemon water diets that will help you burn body fat and keep it off. Stop looking for shortcuts
  • abadvat
    Options
    I know. I usually shred it with a knife and douse it with acid. I am cruel.

You are not cruel - you are a wise person, do not beat yourself down!
    Knife and acid is a good way to go for a cabbage - the best way to go actually! !
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I like cornbeef and cabbage
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

QFT.

I'm even wearing my 4 leaf clover Minion shirt. Gimme some corned beef and cabbage in my belly!

tumblr_mfyp1p3ij31r2ybb3o1_500.gif
  • abadvat
    Options

I like bacon and cabbage
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That's a fad, I think ... the cabbage soup diet .... and it gives cabbage soup a bad reputation. I happen to love cabbage soup and there are many varieties for it. It's a popular vegetable based soup in many cultures and Weight Watchers had/has a version of it also.

I've read that eating a cup or bowl of soup before your meal will help you to eat a smaller amount of calories at that meal because it will help fill you up. (and cabbage soup offers so much in nutrition because of the vegetables it contains.)

It's true that some people react the same to cabbage as they do to beans ... and become farty. But, cabbage is no more farty than broccoli or brussel sprouts.

Here is one version of the Weight Watchers Cabbage soup ... I got it af Food.com

About This Recipe
    "You can eat as much of this 0-point Weight Watchers cabbage soup as you like. It's so good for you."

Ingredients
    3 cups nonfat beef broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat vegetable broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat chicken broth ( beef is the best)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    2 cups chopped cabbage
    1/2 yellow onions
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup green beans
    1/2 cup chopped zucchini
    1/2 teaspoon basil
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    salt & pepper

Directions
    1. Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
    2. Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.
    3. Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zuccini and simmer for
    another 5 or so minutes.
    4. I have tried different variations. Leaving out green beans. Adding chopped green onions in addition
    to the yellow onion.
    5. All very good. You can customise it a bit.

This is not the WW cabbage soup recipe I used to make some 40 years ago ... that one used Tomato Juice ... if anyone has that recipe, I sure would like to have it again.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That sounds truly awful.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Rubbage poop diet.

I just re-named it. Because it's a joke.