Oh crap!

Options
I'm 34 grams OVER in protein! How important is this to stay within my range? I don't normally go over but we are havin surf and turf for dinner so that put me over!

Replies

• millermichellelea
    Options
    I do not fret on protein. Are you working out also? While working out my doc lets me eat 1 gram for every pound I weigh.
  • puddles76
    puddles76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Protein should not matter. If you go over on fat then it's more of an issue. At any rate one day is not the end of the world and you're not going to baloon up from 34g extra. Enjoy the dinner with no guilt.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My doc says that I should intake 40 - 70g of protein per day; more on days that I am exercising. Going over or being under once in awhile will not hurt you as long as long term you are sticking to your goals.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    MFP has a very low setting for protein.

You really should be getting about 1/2 your body weight in protein. So I would not be concerend about getting too much protein. That's one number your allowed to go over!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Protein is ok...don't worry about it. You really have to eat A LOT of proteins to have any negetive affect to your health.
  • natureschilde
    Options
    I need to be careful with protein. I have stage 2 chronic kidney disease.
  • tsez
    tsez Posts: 10
    Options
    i'd be more worried about what you might have been dipping the surf portion of your meal into, than the extra protein
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I don't think that is too bad. I am usually slightly over every day. Although tonight I had steak for dinner so I ended up doubling my protein for the day, but every now and then won't hurt. I think MFP puts a lot of people a little lower anyways so it's okay to be over.
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    Unless you have a medical issue, I wouldn't worry about it. Protein is good for building muscles.