Food Diary isn't a diary past 12 days?

Options
Hello, I've been on a soup fix lately and been feeling like crap and I was eating condensed cambell's soup because Fall was just around the corner and it was only 60 calories a serving so I didn't think it would hurt.

I have been feeling like crap land I am betting it is because of the sodium and preservatives. I wanted to track how long I've been eating it, I know it isn't past September, but just for my own note.

My food diary goes blank after 12 days? Is there a way to fix this?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Blank? I'm seeing entries back in August when I look at your diary....
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Blank? I'm seeing entries back in August when I look at your diary....

same here.
    I'm not sure what the issue is exactly.

peanuts... peanuts... everywhere!
  • brianjmahoney
    Options
    yea on my end my I can't view my entries past 12 days? maybe I have to log out to see them!
  • brianjmahoney
    Options
    doh! I remember not logging one week because I was bogged down with college trying to get my system time managment down. Still haven't found time to jog since college started :(
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I think you might be unwell because you aren't eating any fruit or veggies other than lettuce. You need more nutirients probably.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The Campbell Soup diet.

Has bestseller written all over it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    doh! I remember not logging one week because I was bogged down with college trying to get my system time managment down. Still haven't found time to jog since college started :(

you have food logged well after 12 days previous. There may have been a day or something missed, randomly, but I scrolled all the way back to july before it missed more than 2 days consecutively.
  • brianjmahoney
    Options
    I think you might be unwell because you aren't eating any fruit or veggies other than lettuce. You need more nutirients probably.
    Yea once I get to 175 i'm gonna work on nutrition more, i'm focused on losing right now
    The Campbell Soup diet.

Has bestseller written all over it.
    Ive been eating cambell's since about the 12th of the month, one can a day hehe,

Maybe I can jog in the mornings, I was a night jogger all summer long. Now with college I don't have the time at night.
  • brianjmahoney
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on balancing my nutrition now? Might as well. I am stubborn and stuck in my ways it seems.

My diet now is mainly unsalted peanuts , and romaine hearts with cheese and 1/4 of salad dressing and then some sort of snack later.
  • brianjmahoney
    Options
    Now I am worried I am dying. I have this feeling my throat, like it's not sore but it feels inflamed or something. I thought it was from the soup. Should I see a doctor?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Now I am worried I am dying. I have this feeling my throat, like it's not sore but it feels inflamed or something. I thought it was from the soup. Should I see a doctor?

Highly unlikely you are dying and even more unlikely your symptoms are related to one can of soup per day.

However, yes, see a doctor - you may well have beginnings of an upper respiratory tract infection and need antibiotics.

No need for melodrama - very common and very easily treated.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You've probably just have a cold or flu since you are lacking vitamin C because of no fruit and veg.
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    definitely a crap diet. but more to your problem it could be your browser.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    1) You're eating OVER you calories almost every day of the last two weeks, so if losing weight is what you're aiming for then you're not going about it right.

2) Your sodium is really really high, and while that's not a big deal here and there it's high every single day. That's not something you want to do long term.

Vegetables. Fruit. Lean Meats. Grains (rice, bread, quinoa)

And like paperpudding said, it's likely not the soup giving you the sore throat. A doctor visit wouldn't be bad just to rule out a common cold or virus.
  • brianjmahoney
    Options
    ok
  • brianjmahoney
    Options
    I was jogging all summer long and haven't been eating the soup until recently. but thanks for the tips PrizePopple, I need to mix it up a little more.

College has been stressing me out and I haven't found time to jog at nights recently.
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You might like to make this soup instead of buying it in;
    2 parts pumpkin
    2 parts cabbage
    2 parts cauliflower
    1 part onion
    a good dash of pepper and a little salt (if you must have the salt).

Chop the veggies roughly, cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and then blitz (without draining) with a stick mixer or puree by hand. Add water to get the consistency you want.

The overall flavour is pumpkin.

If you multi-task and let it simmer and cool while doing something else, then it doesn't take long to make at all.
    If you make enough, you can put the rest in meal size plastic containers and stick them in the freezer. I put mine in empty (washed) margarine or cottage cheese containers - they don't cost a cent.

I make a week's worth at a time - nuke them in the microwave when I want one. Cheap, convenient and I know they are free of preservatives and the huge quantites of salt most processed food has.

Oh! and did I mention nutritious. A bit of fibre too.