Weight loss, I guess.

Options
I've heard that I shouldn't lose more than 2 pounds a week. Well, that's a problem for me. I'm about 35 pounds overweight, and I'm giving myself 2 months to lose the weight, or I kill myself. My plan is to exercise for 5-6 hours a day and eat 1500 calories. I need this fat gone, it's ruining my life. What's so unsafe about losing 5 pounds a week? I'm not worried about losing muscle; i'll eat a lot of protien. I NEED to be thin BADLY. I can't even go outside. I don't care if I have to stop eating entirely, I need to be thin. If I'm not, I feel horrible. This is bad, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY FU***NG BAD!

Replies

• workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need therapy more than you need to lose weight. Why are you giving yourself only 2 months to lose 35lbs? Did you gain it all in 2 months? There is nothing wrong with losing 2 lbs a weeks. By Christmas, you will be feeling better and looking better with a little way to go yet. Oh and take up exercise, its the best anti-depressant there is and it will help you lose faster
  • AngeliqueAcee
    AngeliqueAcee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be the first of many.. but you need to see a doctor.

Also if you want the weight to stay off it is immensely better to take it easy. Look at it this way, start now and you will be smaller and healthier and happier than what you are now, in two months.

Also I strongly doubt exercising 5-6 hours a day is good for you in the long run

It will come off eventually, just trust the system and you will get there :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Take a step back and look at what you wrote. Now, please, please get some help. Talk to a counselor, a friend, your mom, your Dr. Someone. Nothing is worth killing yourself over. If you don't have anyone that you can talk to, you can talk to me. Feel free to PM me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've heard that I shouldn't lose more than 2 pounds a week. Well, that's a problem for me. I'm about 35 pounds overweight, and I'm giving myself 2 months to lose the weight, or I kill myself. My plan is to exercise for 5-6 hours a day and eat 1500 calories. I need this fat gone, it's ruining my life. What's so unsafe about losing 5 pounds a week? I'm not worried about losing muscle; i'll eat a lot of protien. I NEED to be thin BADLY. I can't even go outside. I don't care if I have to stop eating entirely, I need to be thin. If I'm not, I feel horrible. This is bad, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY FU***NG BAD!

:noway:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need therapy more than you need to lose weight.
    This. OP, re-read what you wrote. If someone else had written it, would you think they were thinking or acting rationally? Try regrouping and rethinking this, maybe a little less maniacally this time. And please try to get some help if you really are suicidal.
  • I'm not worried about how rational my question was. I've been to therapy, that has made all of my problems worse.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You can't go outside because you're 30 pounds overweight? Um....1. Please hang up and call 911, you need some help. 2. You didn't gain 30 pounds in two months and if you want a sustainable loss, you need to learn healthy eating habits. 3. It will prove unnecessary to exercised 5-6 hours a day.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about how rational my question was. I've been to therapy, that has made all of my problems worse.

Then you need to find a different counsellor. I don't even know what to say about your OP. It's just ????????....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OP, you have some serious issues which need some professional help. Please seek some. If the help you get doesn't suit you, keep looking. Please.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. But life is rather rubbish when you are angry and miserable all the time. It can be better.
    Speak to your doctor and explain how unhappy you are, they are not there to belittle you or ignore you. If they do, keep trying different ones until they take you seriously.
  • refuseresist
    Options
    What happened?
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    They probably deleted their profile or their posts :/
  • refuseresist
    Options
    I guess they were just messing around
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    They probably didnt like what they heard ????
  • I didn't post anything for 2 hours, so I must be dead, right? These 30 pounds feel like, well, I don't know. I know I could be more fat than I already am, but I'm worried about the fat that I ALREADY have. I'm not going therapy again. I've heard everything they have to say. I have to sort this out on my own, I guess.