BEST GREEK YOGURT WITHOUT ADDING ANYTHING EXTRA!

Options
I have just discovered THE BEST tasting Greek yogurt! It was so delicious I had to tell everyone about it lol. Its yoplait Greek yogurt sweetened naturally with honey! Only 150 calories. That is all. ????

Replies

• BradWI
    BradWI Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nah, Fage Total 2%.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make my own and will NEVER eat yogurt out of a plastic cup again! So easy and so yum!
  • aluangraj806
    Options
    Nice! What's your recipe if you don't mind sharing?! ????
  • aluangraj806
    Options
    Nah, Fage Total 2%.

Never had it, I'll have to try that next ????
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options
    12 ounces each: 2 % milk and canned evaporated milk, 4 ounces heavy cream and 2/3 cup instant non-fat milk heated until just boiling, then cooled to the 10 second pinky test. Then add 6 ounce starter (the first time I used chobani plain, now I save back a jar from my previous batch.) The heavy cream adds calories, but gives a nice cream layer on top...like cheesecake!!! I just save room in my daily calorie count. I have a yogurt machine, but I hear you can do it in the oven or a cooler with hot water. I "cook" mine for 12-13 hours...makes It VERY thick. So yum!
    Things I add. Canned pumpkin, dark cocoa powder, no sugar added preserves, honey...that's it so far...but mostly I just eat it plain!
  • colej157
    Options
    I like Chobani 100. 100 cals, good carb:protein ratio (usually 14:12) and 5 g fiber.
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. 80 calories, fat 0, carbs 8g, protein 12g
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    it's not. And it has "extra". Extra pectin, extra gum, extra gelatin. Nothing wrong, health wise with that but I like my yogurt to be a thick creamy thing, not a skimmed milk concoction.

Try Brown Cow or Stonyfield (in America) and report back. The whole milk, cream stuff.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love Greek God's Plain or the Strawberry Honey - so good.

OR...Siggi's Strawberry - no added sugar, high protein. But at $2.50 a pop I can only afford it when it's on sale (which it was yesterday so I bought the whole shelf)
  • 2gooth
    2gooth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
    12 ounces each: 2 % milk and canned evaporated milk, 4 ounces heavy cream and 2/3 cup instant non-fat milk heated until just boiling, then cooled to the 10 second pinky test. Then add 6 ounce starter (the first time I used chobani plain, now I save back a jar from my previous batch.) The heavy cream adds calories, but gives a nice cream layer on top...like cheesecake!!! I just save room in my daily calorie count. I have a yogurt machine, but I hear you can do it in the oven or a cooler with hot water. I "cook" mine for 12-13 hours...makes It VERY thick. So yum!
    Things I add. Canned pumpkin, dark cocoa powder, no sugar added preserves, honey...that's it so far...but mostly I just eat it plain!
  • stickeysweet
    stickeysweet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just love the Lite N Fit Greek Yogurt too! My favorite flavors are chocolate cherry or chocolate raspberry! So yummy!
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I make my own and will NEVER eat yogurt out of a plastic cup again! So easy and so yum!

^^ This. A billion times this.

I started making my own yogurt and haven't gone back to store bought stuff. It's SO easy. And now I use raw milk and it is hands down the best yogurt ever.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    Options

I started making my own yogurt and haven't gone back to store bought stuff. It's SO easy. And now I use raw milk and it is hands down the best yogurt ever.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options

How many calories and protein?
  • BadWolf_Rose
    BadWolf_Rose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    it's not. And it has "extra". Extra pectin, extra gum, extra gelatin. Nothing wrong, health wise with that but I like my yogurt to be a thick creamy thing, not a skimmed milk concoction.

Try Brown Cow or Stonyfield (in America) and report back. The whole milk, cream stuff.

Brown Cow is so good. I love that they have cream top yogurt!

My fave greek yogurt though would have to be Fage Total, only because if I recall, I think all of the Brown Cow greek is either heavily sweetened or is nonfat.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

How many calories and protein?

1 cup has 134 calories and 7g protein. That's per the "recipe creator" thing so I'm not sure how accurate it is.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The title leaves a reader to believe this thread is about PLAIN yogurt.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

I do just under a gallon of whole milk with a cup of fat-free powdered milk added though if I don't have any powdered milk, I'll just use the whole milk, adding the powdered milk just makes it richer. Heat until frothy. Cool until it passes the pinky test (super super clean pinky only.. you don't want to add any harmful bacteria since you'll be purposely keeping your yogurt at prime bacteria growing temperature) To process, pitch it with my starter then put into a one gallon pickle jar into a water bath in my crock pot set to the "warm" setting. I cover with a towel. every hour or so, I double check the water temp... sometimes I turn the bath off for an hour if I'm afraid the water is getting too warm.. Too cool is better than too warm if you have to choose. The more times you use your yogurt starter the FASTER it will process. I find if I've used the same starter (saving from the previous batch) more than 5-6 times the yogurt processes VERY Fast but gets too sour for my taste. so I have to buy a new small yogurt to use as a starter from time to time. BEST YOGURT EVER.. I also strain a portion of the yogurt overnight (put into a cloth and tie it over a wooden spoon handle and lay it over a stock pot and leave like this in the fridge overnight) Add a bit of salt to what is left in the bag and use it like cream cheese.. Use the why in place of buttermilk. It makes great pancakes.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Fage greek yoghurt - Its in a white pot!!!!!!!! Yum & thick!!!

I add + peanut butter to mine : ) AMAZING! TRY IT!
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Do tell!