What motivates you?

I believed that my only true motivation to lose weight was to be healthier, but now my old school mates (I left school 10 years ago almost) are planning a reunion for June. That has definitely added some motivation.
What I'd like to know is what motivates you, and have any of you found that a big event like this has motivated you/helped you to lose weight?

For reference, I was around 9st (I'm 5'8) in High School, I'm now double that and don't don't want to be the one that got fat!

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    After chasing a 2 year old around fat, I really need to get in shape to keep up with her, and so that I will be around to watch her grow up.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    What motivates me? Women
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    What motivates me? Women

Honest answer! Lol
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    I'm not overweight but not happy where I am at. Also 5ft 8in. I want to be healthier. I have a health issue which I don't know where it will take me. I just want to move as much as my body allows me and also to stay at a decent weight where it wont put pressure on my joints. I wish losing weight was as easy as gaining it!!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    carrying my before pics in my wallet helps with motivation.
    14578073742_16896d57fd.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    What motivates me? Women

Honest answer! Lol

There is more but women is the one I never lose motivation for.
  • Right now it's a holiday coming up in two months that will require a lot of bikini wearing!
  • dazwan
    dazwan Posts: 81 Member
    Seeing pictures of myself and remembering what it was like to lose my father to a stroke (I would do anything to save my children from having to go through that).
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I have to have blood work done every 6 months. My motivation is to keep my numbers in check and get even healthier every time I go in.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    I have lots of little things that keep me going ( looking good in my dress at the Marine Corps Ball this year, buying smaller clothes, family reunion), but the biggest and most importnant thing that keeps me going in my daughter. Growing up, especially in middle school and high school, I felt that I was so fat and had a very unhealthy body image even though I was actually pretty thin. I don't want my daughter going through that, so I'm trying to model healthy behavior, healthier eating habits, and trying to make sure I don't teach her the body image thoughts that my mom taught me. Sorry if none of this makes any sense, I'm still recovering from my workout, and none of my blood seems to be going to my brain
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Being healthy and feeling better about myself (physically and mentally) were/are big motivators. But I also admit that some of it is vanity. I had my 20 year high school reunion in August and the thought of going to it before losing weight was...painful. I just wouldn't have gone.
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    I have lots of little things that keep me going ( looking good in my dress at the Marine Corps Ball this year, buying smaller clothes, family reunion), but the biggest and most importnant thing that keeps me going in my daughter. Growing up, especially in middle school and high school, I felt that I was so fat and had a very unhealthy body image even though I was actually pretty thin. I don't want my daughter going through that, so I'm trying to model healthy behavior, healthier eating habits, and trying to make sure I don't teach her the body image thoughts that my mom taught me. Sorry if none of this makes any sense, I'm still recovering from my workout, and none of my blood seems to be going to my brain

Exactly this, except the dress is for my wedding, not the Marine Corps Ball
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Mirrors and pizza.