Can I get some REAL support around here?

Options
Hi!
Im CC.24. And as if the weight loss wasnt a struggle enough, I was just diagnosed with cancer less than a week ago. I noticed slowly one by one my friends list was dying down. People deleting me, becoming inactive themselves, or maybe their friends list becoming more than they can handle as far as the support they could give.
But anyways. This has all just been a huge wake up call for me. Its no secret I need, and have needed to lose weight and Ive been trying. But throwing in other medical problems just makes you step back and realize and this isnt just about pounds lost. its about over all health. Now its cancer. Next it could be diabetes. Or.... who knows?!

I could REALLY use a good support system right now though. Committed people. No pushy beach body "if you dont buy shakeology, youre a failure" "friend" PLEASE.People who will understand I have A LOT going on right now. And while I honestly DO try to comment, like, support, give suggestions, answer questions, etc daily, sometimes I dont get around to it. People who will realize I have A LOT of doctors appointments. And if were all being honest here, I want to feel safe logging everyday. Even the "I had so many appointments today, and i was unprepared, so i ate poorly" day. Not that I expect anyone to encourage it. But I just need people who understand. People who truly get it that, at least for ME, this is way deeper than being over weight, and its about changing just more than my clothing size.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for a support buddy!

Replies

• FemWeight
    Options
    Good luck sweetie may it be an over abundance of great friends that flow your friend requests!:flowerforyou:
  • susanluvscheese
    Options
    I've been on mfp for three and a half years, I'm here for you. I'm in need of more supporters myself as my family struggles to get on the healthy wagon and stay there. Hugs!
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a request and a message as I don't want to put it on here x
  • lizzie14115
    lizzie14115 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi CC,
    My name is Catrina. I am so very sorry you have been diagnosed with cancer, as a nurse i understand the implications of this, and a s a very caring person i am offering you some committed support, and friendship. I guess you will have more on your mind than just losing weight. Feel free to vent whenever you need to.
    Take care,
    Catrina x
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi CC, I'm Anne.....please feel free to add me as a friend.........I am on everyday and had a "scare" with cancer myself a year ago...but the grace of God, I am here and cancer free.........I understand where you are and how you feel so anytime....I am here and will be here..........:flowerforyou: <<<HUGS>>>
  • FemWeight
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Prayers and Stay Positive

29509743.png