Determined to stick at it

Options
I've been on MFP for quite a few years now but I've never really stuck at it for more than a few days, or I've found myself not entering things accurately and cheating myself, which is quite clearly not the point.

In the past, I've only ever lost weight by accident, moving house, changing relationship - things that change my habits without having to really think about them. So through my twenties I yoyo-ed between a small size 12 and a size 18. I'm now about 80kg, size 16.

I'm also fitter than I was in my 20s, swimming regularly, going to yoga, walking or cycling to work, but I'm also heavier than I was a year ago. Last year I started taking classes in trapeze and aerial silks. I found that my weight and lack of strength were stopping me from progressing so I decided to stop paying for classes and lose weight/get fitter before starting again. Somehow, my willpower failed me and I got less fit and put on weight. So I've signed back up for the classes, as they are a great motivator for me - if I don't work hard in the week, I know my Sunday morning class will continue to be a struggle.

So this time, I'm determined to stick with it, to log accurately and stick to my goals. If I find I'm not losing weight, I'll work out what I'm doing wrong, instead of giving it all up as useless! I also hope to be more active on these forums, as I'm sure being part of the community and sharing other people's experiences is going to be helpful, and perhaps part of what I was missing when I tried before.

Replies

• tsthomas03
    tsthomas03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm sending you a friend request so we can support each other. I'm 5' and weigh 186 and could use some support too.
  • annarop
    annarop Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It looks like we have quite similar goals.