Walk Of Shame

Options

Replies

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I play mind games with myself. I tell myself that I must walk through the door and do something for ten minutes and then can leave. But 99 times out of 100, once I get started, I continue going with whatever the original plan was. And then as I'm leaving, I feel smug that I've managed to outsmart myself again.

Hee hee! That's a great smug feeling :)
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Now, I'm at the point where missing a workout pisses me off.

I am right here.
    huh?
    edit quote
    now I am even more confused.

I think he means he is in the same thought process, Like Im with you :happy:
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Packed my kit bag to go to the gym and in the end I decided I couldn't be bothered. What do you do on days like this?

I usually pack my kit the night before and put it in the car so that it's really easy for me to get up and go in the morning.

That said, some mornings I sleep through my alarm and going at night is not an option all the time (work into night classes, classes get out as late as 10, class and gym are 40 mins apart, and the gym closes at 11.)

I forgive myself and move on. I decide that I must have really needed the sleep and move on. There was a time when I would beat myself up and tell myself I was a horrible person who would always be fat and unattractive, but I've gotten past that also.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had an old 1SG that used to tell us whenever we didn't like something: "If you don't like it there is two things you can do about it, like it and nothing!" Always thought it was strange to say, but I tell my kids that all the time now!

Side note this happened to me just this morning, got up, it was cold, still had to push the covers off and drag myself out there for the run! Definitely felt better when it was over.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have never once regretted a workout, but I have regretted not going.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Packed my kit bag to go to the gym and in the end I decided I couldn't be bothered. What do you do on days like this?

Go at night. :smile:

I should say that, by go at night, I meant go later in the day when you are free again. When I miss my morning class, I make it up at night.
  • Vortex_ConQueso
    Options
    Allow yourself the freedom to skip, but do something else instead! Like, instead of going to the gym, as punishment hook live jumper cables to your nipples for twenty seconds.

After a couple of sessions of auto-erotica you'll do what you should have done in the first place, and go to the gym.

HTH, happy Tuesday!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I skipped yesterday and regretted it all day. I don't go to the gym in the evenings because those are spent at home with my girls. Didn't feel like going this morning and I was running late. But I got up, got to the gym and glad I did now. I feel like I accomplished something for others got out of bed. After it became my routine, I didn't like not going.
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Forgot my clothes and my lunch - but I have shoes under my desk so I'll be walking at lunch!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

I usually pack my kit the night before and put it in the car so that it's really easy for me to get up and go in the morning.

That said, some mornings I sleep through my alarm and going at night is not an option all the time (work into night classes, classes get out as late as 10, class and gym are 40 mins apart, and the gym closes at 11.)

I forgive myself and move on. I decide that I must have really needed the sleep and move on. There was a time when I would beat myself up and tell myself I was a horrible person who would always be fat and unattractive, but I've gotten past that also.

I pack my stuff the night before and for the past two days I woke up with Migraines, so I just switched from morning to lunch workout (if the headache is gone) but I have forgot my stuff enough to have another bag or at least minimal gear in my locker at work.
  • Squid4TRX
    Squid4TRX Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Go anyway and when I have those days, I usually end up getting one of the best workouts for the week. It is a matter of following through with your plans. When Murphy raises his head, I push him back down when I run or lift. Purpose it in your mind to make the gym or you will regret not going all day.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I used to do this a lot. Eventually after missing so many workouts, I stopped going completely.

On days when I know I am not going to feel like working out, I post it on my status so my friends will hold me accountable.

I haven't missed a scheduled workout since June.

I have also seen articles where you promise yourself you'll go for just 15 minutes and at the end of the 15 minutes if you still really don't feel it, you can leave. 9/10 times you will end up staying longer.

Getting started is the hardest part, at least for me. No one can really make the decision for you.

Good luck, I hope you make it to the gym! :smile:
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    Options
    If you packed it, you planned it. Once you get there and get going, you'll feel it. Get on it!

This.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Cancel your gym sub and build a home gym :wink:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    you just have to make it part of your daily routine, you will get used to it eventually.
    also you dont have to go to the gym you can work out in the park or at home.
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'd go.
    Yesterday I forgot my work shoes in my gym bag. I found this out as soon as I got to the gym. I didn't have time to both work out AND go home to get gym shoes.

SO I worked out and went to work in gym shoes.

You make it a priority or you don't. Choice is up to you
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel brother but at my age I can’t afford to miss any more dates with the gym.
    Find what motivates you, be it your family, a friend, a song, or a point in your life, whatever it is and focus on it to the point of completely fixating on it. Get your blood pumping, no “boiling” about it and then hit that gym, home workout, or whatever you are doing and own its *kitten*! Make it your %*@#$!!! And if that should fail you, go have a double scoop of rocky road and pistachio! ;-)
    I never regretted a workout but I have almost always regretted skipping one. Well there was the onetime that guy dropped a plate on my foot, I regretted going that day but just that once!
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have never once regretted a workout, but I have regretted not going.

For the ever-loving win!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I pack my stuff the night before and for the past two days I woke up with Migraines, so I just switched from morning to lunch workout (if the headache is gone) but I have forgot my stuff enough to have another bag or at least minimal gear in my locker at work.

Eesh sorry for the migraines. I don't really get a lunch break, at least not one where I can leave the office. Can't wait until I have a less wacky schedule. When I planned the semester I thought I had done a good job. Not so happy with my time slots now, but exceedingly happy with the classes!
    I'd go.
    Yesterday I forgot my work shoes in my gym bag. I found this out as soon as I got to the gym. I didn't have time to both work out AND go home to get gym shoes.

SO I worked out and went to work in gym shoes.

BEEN THERE! I keep a pair of work type shoes stashed in my car or at the office or both. I also keep a pair of sneakers here for days like today when i have to walk over to the court house to file stuff.

edited because apparently i can't spell "quote" today....
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You yourself are referring to it as a walk of shame. You packed and planned it. Just do it. Those are the days you can have your best workouts.