Protein shakes,when to start?

Options
Hey!
Im about to beggin ll over again a new journey to become healthier and fit.
but im wondering..if a take protein shakes and some suplements like L-carnitine on the begining,its possible that i hit a plateau and those suplements wont work anymore anytime in the future~?
Should i start the protein shakes after?

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i drink them, although not every day. they are simply supplements, IMO. for example, if i leave the gym and have to go run errands before i can go home to eat, i will take a protein shake with me to the gym so i can have protein after my work-out. personally i don't think it will hinder future use to use them now.
    HTH
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are merely a convenient way to hit your protein macro for the day. If you can get your protein without them, they are unnecessary. There's nothing special about them.

To lose weight, eat at a deficit.

Eat whatever the time of the day makes you feel best and can adhere too.

Get a proper calorie amount to fuel yourself and lose weight at a sustainable pace

Win ;)
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering about getting into protein shakes but have not spent the money because I eat greek yogurt and protein bars. Never have problem reaching my protein counts. hope this helps give you more options!
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yeah i eat grek yogurt too but protein bars have a significant amount of sugar i dont want,protein shakes haver faster absorption and isolated protein has no carbs in it,so weight loss is more efficient, thats the reasons i wanna start taking them.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    but im wondering..if a take protein shakes and some suplements like L-carnitine on the begining,its possible that i hit a plateau and those suplements wont work anymore anytime in the future~?

Get your diet right first, before you buy any supps. (Most will be a waste of money anyway....a proper diet will do the trick)
    Eat your calories, before you begin drinking your calories
  • Danikfit90
    Options
    Hey!

Get your diet right first, before you buy any supps. (Most will be a waste of money anyway....a proper diet will do the trick)
    Eat your calories, before you begin drinking your calories

Agree! You need to get your eating right. It took me a while to figure that out. Now I have the abs all of it becuase of what and how much I eat. I don't agree with the eating less to lose weight. If you eat what you are suppose to eat then you are fine and working outIis a huge plus! I love weight lifting and for females I highly recommend it. And nooo you wont get bulky but instead you will have a great toned look--I will post a few pictures
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    saradsilva said: yeah i eat grek yogurt too but protein bars have a significant amount of sugar i dont want,protein shakes haver faster absorption and isolated protein has no carbs in it,so weight loss is more efficient, thats the reasons i wanna start taking them.

Gee wiz girl, you only have 8kg to lose. That's 16 to 20 weeks on a moderate loss schedule with plain old food-type food. How efficient do you have to be? Hopefully you will create habits that will last a lifetime, so what will you do after 8 kg?

Relax, get some exercise, enjoy your food, and enjoy the ride.
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    saradsilva said: yeah i eat grek yogurt too but protein bars have a significant amount of sugar i dont want,protein shakes haver faster absorption and isolated protein has no carbs in it,so weight loss is more efficient, thats the reasons i wanna start taking them.

Gee wiz girl, you only have 8kg to lose. That's 16 to 20 weeks on a moderate loss schedule with plain old food-type food. How efficient do you have to be? Hopefully you will create habits that will last a lifetime, so what will you do after 8 kg?

Relax, get some exercise, enjoy your food, and enjoy the ride.

Hello,yes i know i only have that to lose but i wanna maintain that for the rest of my life. i eat healthy,the suplements are just a "bonus" . I find difficult to keep motivated, i just wanna keep the healthy lifestyle,the kilos i have to lose are just a short term goal.