Is anyone else worried..

Options
I'm scared that I can't find a middle ground between eating healthier, exercising, and losing weight while still eating ENOUGH and losing the weight properly, not just cutting calories drastically and losing it quickly, you know? I feel like I get so into it that I pretend I'm not hungry, or over-estimate my calories for the day and am actually not eating enough, but just am so focused that I don't notice, if that makes sense?
I really want losing weight to stick, and don't want it to be something I am fighting fighting fighting for my entire life, you know? I understand that I'll have to maintain, but I am worried I'll become so neurotic and crazy and ruin my body by not eating enough, or that I'll be so uptight about food the rest of my life that I'll never just enjoy it again..

Does anyone else worry about these things?

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yes, me! I go through phases where I'm absolutely obsessive about calorie counting, weighing food and exercising it off.... then I let it slide for a bit. Not good! But I remind myself that there's a line between being healthy and risking an eating disorder - and I make sure I stay on the healthy side of that line! :blushing:

Better to be a couple pounds overweight than thin and battling with a disorder or anxiety - at least I think so!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I know what you are saying. When you eat right for a long time and are feeling good about yourself, it won't be fighting. You are going to love the way you feel. More and more you will gain so much knowledge on eating and what you can or cannot eat, how often you can cheat, etc.

Don't look at the big picture. Take it one day at a time or you will drive yourself crazy.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know what you are saying. When you eat right for a long time and are feeling good about yourself, it won't be fighting. You are going to love the way you feel. More and more you will gain so much knowledge on eating and what you can or cannot eat, how often you can cheat, etc.

Don't look at the big picture. Take it one day at a time or you will drive yourself crazy.

My saying too: Don't look at the big picture - Take it one day at a time. That's exactly it.
    You start to see things differently when you eat right for long period of time. You know when you're actually hungry and when to eat.
    It can all seem overwhelming but there is nothing but great support and advice here.
  • jlmelton0509
    jlmelton0509 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way at first. I still feel that way sometimes, to be honest. At first I thought that I wouldn't be able to eat a lot and that I'd be hungry all the time. But like the last two posts said, I took it one day at a time and almost a month later I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things. I think you will be fine. Especially with all of the great people on this site to help guide and motivate you! :)
  • chris808
    Options
    Fieldsy's right about gaining knowledge, you'll gain a sense of how it all balances from day to day. If you're on a weight loss regimen at the moment remember you're taking in fewer calories that you need to maintain your weight. Once you get to your goal weight then you can change your settings in MFP to maintain weight, and see where that leaves you. Overall as long as you're eating reasonably healthy, doing some cardio activity during the week and have the right mindset (which you clearly do) then you should be fine. It's fine to enjoy food, and I don't think the enjoyment should be compromised - go for the nicest chocolate, the richest cookies, etc. Just keep it in perspective and watch what you eat overall and you'll do okay.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    For example...I used to drink much more in the past. I cut it to only 3 times a week and got down to 250lbs. I cut that down to 2 times a week and got down to under 200 (with lots of working out).

I know drinking twice a week is my limit if I want to achieve my goal.