Rewarding yourself with food?

Options
I'm just curious..I know most of you would reward yourself with clothes/spa..etc but do you reward yourself with food ever when you get to your mini goals?

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'd much rather have that massage than that "fill in the blank" favorite food/meal! I feel better afterwards BOTH ways!
  • EvilPirateJohn
    EvilPirateJohn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I (try to) eat well during the week and reward myself with beer on the weekends. I know it sounds funny, but it works for me!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just having this conversation with the hubby. Seems like whenever he wants to "reward" us, it's going out for supper or something like that. I often wish we could do something else other than something around food. We haven't decided what to do yet... But the spa sounds wonderful!! And relaxing!!
  • starlitesue
    Options
    I am! I'm going to have a beer when I hit 10 pounds lost, and I'm going to enjoy it.

Now for those of you that think it's bad to reward yourself with beer, this has actually had the opposite effect. Whenever my friends/boyfriend are drinking, or I feel like a beer I think "nope, can't have that until I lose 10 pounds"
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious..I know most of you would reward yourself with clothes/spa..etc but do you reward yourself with food ever when you get to your mini goals?

No, that is the worst thing to do and you get the sense of entitlement that I can have xxx food because I got yyy pounds.

Seems counter productive to me and contributes to what got most of us here in the first place.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I have this pizza place here in town called Hungry Howies w/ a flavored crust option..yes it has a lot of calories, but i thought for every 10 pounds i lose i will allow myself that..its a good motivator! Sometimes i will do a big calorie for the day to have a small-medium size (1600 calories per box)
  • EvilPirateJohn
    EvilPirateJohn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have this pizza place here in town called Hungry Howies w/ a flavored crust option..yes it has a lot of calories, but i thought for every 10 pounds i lose i will allow myself that..its a good motivator! Sometimes i will do a big calorie for the day to have a small-medium size (1600 calories per box)

If you do so, skip the flavored crust and fatty meats, and see if they have a thin crust pizza.
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am also working on lowering some debt. To reward my weight loss with food, would be like adding to my credit card debt once I hit a certain debt goal. Doesn't make sense.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I consider my cheat days rewards, I really really try to not reward myself with food, though. Honestly I don't do enough for myself :P...when I reach my half way mark I'm probably going to get some new shoes
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I try not to reward myself with food. It just doesn't seem right. That and no food is off limits to me anyway. I've just decided to eat right and occasionally have the 'bad' stuff but only when I really really want it. And then have the right portion size.

I've chosen things like a hair cut or ice skating as rewards.
  • Chalktawmom
    Chalktawmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes - I'm guilty. Skinny Cow makes an awesome 150 cal ice cream cup for when I've been really good. It's what gets me through the day for now. And I plan on "splurging" meaning not counting calories on a couple special occasions coming up:tongue: