I am always cold now. Anyone else?

Options
I am always finding myself cold in my office or at home. I almost put on a sweatshirt last week when I got home from work. My wife the AC on 72 and I was freezing. I guess that is the benefit of dropping 50+ of insulation. Not being a sweaty pig anymore.

Replies

• wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Me, me! I am always freezing at work. I think my resting heart rate has dropped with the added workouts and cardio that when I am sedentary, my HR just plummets. I haven't tested this theory yet since I busted my watch/hr monitor a while back.
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've lost 30 lbs and I am definitely way colder now than I ever was before. Makes since when you realize that you don't have that extra cushion to keep you warm, lol. Also shaving is harder because of the different curves on my body and sitting on my butt too long hurts now!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I am always finding myself cold in my office or at home. I almost put on a sweatshirt last week when I got home from work. My wife the AC on 72 and I was freezing. I guess that is the benefit of dropping 50+ of insulation. Not being a sweaty pig anymore.

You adjust after awhile but yes defiantly feel allot colder then I use to... now not as much
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Add niacin and you'll be warm all day!
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Gosh 70 pounds for me and I freeze all the time. Anything below 74ish and my finger tips n toes turn white lol. My doc ran a full blood panel to make sure i wasn't anemic and all my levels ( including thyroid) were up to par. Its just my extra layer of blubber missing from my personal insulation. No more shoveling the drive way in a t-shirt in the winter :D hehe
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I find that when I'm in "race ready condition" (which I'm not exactly in now - been too lazy!), my body regulates temperature much better. That is, I can handle colder and hotter temperatures than before without feeling hot or cold.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold. I've dropped to a pretty low body fat (for a woman) and am now constantly freezing. It's a little annoying.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    In general, there are two things that seem to ward off the "chillies": 1) lifting weights--since I started getting serious about weight lifting, I'm always very warm--probably due to the increased LBM raising my resting metabolic rate and 2) Making sure that I get enough fat in my diet--I aim for about 50 to 55 % of my calories from fat. Carbohydrates burn fast and then drop your blood glucose down after--making for the "chillies". Fats are "longer-burning" and keep you warm much longer because they even out your blood sugar. A higher fat / lower carbohydrate diet helps you to avoid regain because of the higher satiety that fats produce over carbohydrates. You should aim to eat the best fats (NOT french fried food which is cooked at very high temperatures and the high temps denature the fats, making them toxic). Cold-pressed, organic oils, organic butter, avocados, nuts and their cold-pressed oils, whole eggs, organic full-fat dairy and organic meats are the best choices. :smile:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel the cold more now, especially in my feet for some reason.

At work, the best thing I found was to get up and move around if I'm getting cold. I workout here too so of course I'm warmer after that. Drinking hot tea/coffee or putting on a sweater/sweatshirt helps too

At home, I keep a blanket on the back of the couch and use that to cover up myself when I'm cold. Or just put more clothes on

You could always talk to the wife about turning the AC down a bit...
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm noticing that I'm colder now, which I imagine will get worse as more weight comes off. :sad:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I also do HIIT as well--and that helps "kick-start" the fat burning. I only do about 20 minutes of HIIT two to three times a week and I sweat for hours after each session, no matter what the room temperature. :smile: It's way better for fat burning than conventional aerobics.
  • firewive79
    Options
    I just thought this yesterday. It was in the high 60's and I was about to freeze. But its worth it to be 50 lbs lighter.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I just thought this yesterday. It was in the high 60's and I was about to freeze. But its worth it to be 50 lbs lighter.

Yes, it is a good trade off.
  • KaJaa58
    Options
    OMG am I colder. I was cold all summer and now that winter is well on it's way, thinking I'll be wearing my winter coat inside. LOL! Yes I agree I'd rather be healthier and cold than were I was.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    yep
  • KaJaa58
    Options
    You adjust after awhile but yes defiantly feel allot colder then I use to... now not as much
    [/quote]

So how long does it take to make the adjustment?
    I have been cold all summer and am still cold.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Happened to me, too. You adjust after awhile. I don't remember how long it took but perhaps a few months. All of your temperature systems need to readjust after losing the fat layer. It's a good thing....right??! :D
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a block of ice.
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can relate Wookinpanub. Lately I find myself cold and now have hot flashes also. WTF, I'd rather be healthy and small with cold and hot flashes than unhealthy and big without. Keep up the good work.
  • KaJaa58
    Options
    Happened to me, too. You adjust after awhile. I don't remember how long it took but perhaps a few months. All of your temperature systems need to readjust after losing the fat layer. It's a good thing....right??! :D

The weight lost is def a good thing. Hope the adjustment comes soon though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!