Any shapewear suggestions...

Options
i am in a wedding on sunday i need something to wear under my dress to smooth out any possibly bumps and such. I've never shoped for this kind of stuff before, does anyone have any suggestions that aren't as costly as victorias secret, and that still look kinda cute?

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i am in a wedding on sunday i need something to wear under my dress to smooth out any possibly bumps and such. I've never shoped for this kind of stuff before, does anyone have any suggestions that aren't as costly as victorias secret, and that still look kinda cute?
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Have you looked at Spanx products or those like it? They are not attractive, but they do smooth out the body. I think you'd like it enough to use more than just the wedding as well. Look at the one piece to prevent rolling at the torso. Have fun at the wedding!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I've heard about the wonders of Spanx and plan on getting some for the upcoming wedding I'm in. Lane Bryant and some bridal stores sell them.

Also, JC Penney has some other shapewear options that are reasonably priced.
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    Spanx, Spanx, Spanx! They're not ridiculously expensive (approx $30-40 depending on which you get) and they're amazing! I used to work at Lane Bryant and we got a free pair when we started carrying the line. Let me just tell you... The high-waisted power panty is amazing. Seriously. Worth every penny! My only recommendation is to try them on (you can do this over your underwear) before buying them because they tend to run a little small. And be careful because they will run like pantyhose if you're not careful...

Seriously, buy them! You won't regret it!
  • mandymack222
    Options
    It's all about Spanx. I have tried numerous options, but spanx works wonders! Plus, you will burn a ton of calories just trying to get them on!! :tongue:

If you live near a Nordstroms Rack, check them out there. The are about $20 less expensive than through Lane Bryant.

Have fun!
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    Spanx is AMAZING... also if you go to target they have a brand (from the same company as Spanx) but cheeper, it's for a diffrent target market but if you are only whereing them a hand full of time... then why not save on the money :flowerforyou: have fun at the wedding!
  • luvchi3
    Options
    Spanx is AMAZING... also if you go to target they have a brand (from the same company as Spanx) but cheeper, it's for a diffrent target market but if you are only whereing them a hand full of time... then why not save on the money :flowerforyou: have fun at the wedding!

thanks, i hate paying 60 dollars for something i probably won't wear again, i'll check out target
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Spanx are great, and the new styles has edging of very pretty, very petitie lace. I have found it at Nordstroms...Target sells a knock-off of Spanx which my mother bought, and promptly returned. When she bought the real Spanx, she was quite happy.

If only she had listened to myself and my sister in the first place...

PS I tried the Target brand as well-not good. I ended up returning and buying Spanx at Nordstroms.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I got a body suit thingy it went from below my chest and i found it at walmart it was like 20 dollars i think....It did wonders I was wearing a dress as a bridesmaid... infact if you look at my pictures in my profile there is a picture of me in a cream dress with an older woman I was wearing it.

:) good luck
  • luvchi3
    Options
    I got a body suit thingy it went from below my chest and i found it at walmart it was like 20 dollars i think....It did wonders I was wearing a dress as a bridesmaid... infact if you look at my pictures in my profile there is a picture of me in a cream dress with an older woman I was wearing it.

:) good luck

thank you i'll have to check there too