Trx class

Options
Has anyone done trx?ive heard conflicting reports on whether or not it's good for beginners.My gym offers a 45min class but you have to sign up half an hr early.im looking at this as an alternative to kettlebells and traditional weight lifting

Replies

• amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing TRX work. The gym that I go to offers TRX exercises as a part of their bootcamp class but I have never done more than 5 minutes on it.
    Its definitely worth trying! It can be super challenging depending on what they have you do. But I would at least try it out!
  • santolembek
    Options
    bought my trx kit bout a year ago. dust it off. yep. it finally see the light of day just now. did about 30 min of pretty intense ****.

the high u get after the session is awesome!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it's hard- both my dad and I were pretty impressed- a lot of bang for your buck. Do modifications and easier variations as you get started- it's fairly easy to fall on your face if you lose strength suddenly.

I would definitely recommend it.
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done trx?ive heard conflicting reports on whether or not it's good for beginners.My gym offers a 45min class but you have to sign up half an hr early.im looking at this as an alternative to kettlebells and traditional weight lifting

If I hadn't started on the TRX, I wouldn't have stuck with a strength program. It helped me get my back stronger, while helping do some things I couldn't do on my own. As I am getting stronger, and starting to lose weight, my trainer is upping my difficulty with it - and I see if being something I can use no matter what my level of fitness becomes :) Nic
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've never taken the class but I have the unit (two actually) and tons of the videos for it. It was my main tool in getting fit.
  • prosksb
    Options
    I love the TRX. There are days I'll do an entire full body there.

You can do quite a bit with it: Tabatas, resistance or strength training, for example. I like doing a core set of planks>knee tucks> mountain climbers>pikes>pendulums. You can do squats, rows and pushups...

There are a few manuals online on how to use the machine, especially on the TRX training website: https://www.trxtraining.com/TRX-POWER-CORE-WORKOUT-DOWNLOAD.pdf
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,705 Member
    Options
    Excellent workout, even for beginners. You gauge your resistance based on foot placement, lean, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition