Fitness Trackers

Options
Do you use or wear a fitness tracking device? If yes, what has been your experience? Would you recommend? Pros/Cons?

For ones that have cell phone capability...what carriers support it? Please provide a review...

Examples are jawbone, Garmin vivofit, Fitbit, Basis B1, Misfit Shine/Flash, Samsung Gear, Nike Fuelband...

Replies

• Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have used a variety of fit bit trackers, the One (back to using this through lost Flex, lost force) is helpful, I like the information, I tend to be less active during the day but it is nice to have a stimulus to look at getting more active. I tend only to sync at home so I tend to get a bit of a bump in calories at the end of the day (and sometimes fill those with ice cream)

I like some of the newer ideas coming out the vivofit looks good with 1 year life, and the e-ink screen.
  • jennkaufer89
    jennkaufer89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have been using the FitBit One since April of this year -- I find it to be EXTREMELY helpful in getting a better sense of my physical activity throughout the day and how that impacts my caloric values and nutrient macros for the day. It also has really motivated me to get (and keep) moving.

A few of my coworkers have FitBits and I've worked really hard to reach the top of my leaderboard! It's really satisfying to get congratulations from them when I do well.
  • lwischer2014
    lwischer2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Fit Bit and rally like it. It syncs up with my computer and my cell phone automatically. It is convenient and discrete to wear which I like.
  • ballr01
    ballr01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit Flex it keeps me motivated as well as challenges me to get my goals. It syncs to app on iphone as well as myfitnesspal. being it is on my wrist i never forget to use it.
  • missingkitty
    missingkitty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I currently use the Jawbone 24UP. Its new to me so I don't have much to say on it. I did use the Jawbone UP before though and I do have to say I love the app and have found it to be fairly accurate. I'm hoping that I can use the 24 to motivate myself to be more active than I have been.
  • SilverG35Princess
    Options
    I've been using the Fitbit Flex for the last few weeks. I really like it. It's a nice reminder to get up and move more during the work day. And it plays well with the MFP app. It also syncs via Bluetooth to my GalaxyS4. I used to have the Jawbone UP, but didn't like it as much. It had constant problems and didn't sync wirelessly.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Only have experience with Amiigo and would not wish it on anyone. It's a good ideal but never really got there. It may eventually get there if it's not swallowed or go bankrupted. I use IpBike for cycling and Endomondo for everything else.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • release_the_kraken
    Options
    I was just thinking about a Bodymedia because I lift a lot of weights and it is supposedly pretty accurate in spite of that.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I wear a BodyMedia FIT and I love it. It has sensors which track a lot of things the others don't. I have had it for a little over a year and the monthly fee is well worth the information/data is provides.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I wear a BodyMedia FIT and I love it. It has sensors which track a lot of things the others don't. I have had it for a little over a year and the monthly fee is well worth the information/data is provides.

^This. I love my Bodymedia Link. I'm just a bit :grumble: because Jawband bought the company out and instead of either pushing BMF, integrating it with Jawband, or having their company put out an armband similar to BMF, they are just letting the whole thing die out slowly :angry:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

^This. I love my Bodymedia Link. I'm just a bit :grumble: because Jawband bought the company out and instead of either pushing BMF, integrating it with Jawband, or having their company put out an armband similar to BMF, they are just letting the whole thing die out slowly :angry:

Seriously!! When I first saw Jawbone bought them I was all like :happy: :drinker: ... then I saw nothing really updated and now I am like :grumble:
  • mmeans68
    mmeans68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit about a week ago and am loving it. I like seeing my sleep patterns as well as helping gauge how many calories I'm burning through and average day. It's really started motivating me to do more.