62 year old gluten free low carber looking for buddies

Options
I've lost 75 pounds since 2011, then I hit a plateau and stayed stuck. I was able to keep the weight off effortlessly for over a year. Then I lost my husband suddenly and my world fell apart and over the year plus since then I have regained 10 pounds. I'm ready to get back in the saddle now and get those pounds off and hopefully go on to lose another 30 to get to a healthy BMI.

I've gone gluten free because I have to. I have non-Celiac gluten sensitivity and really suffer if I get even a little accidental exposure. But contrary to popular belief, gluten free is not in and of itself a weight loss diet. You can get just as fat from gluten free cookies as you can from regular ones.
Low carb is the only thing that works for me and it have helped me to reverse my diabetes completely.

I'm looking for buddies who are also low carbers to give and receive encouragement and support.:smile:

Replies

• Jeanwf
    Jeanwf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a newbie to low-carbing and so far so good. Currently trying Ketogenic Diet which is low carb, but HIGH fat. Looking for help and advice and friends.:flowerforyou:
  • mac47304
    Options
    We seem to have a lot in common. I lost my husband this summer after a hard fought battle with cancer. I have lost 100 pounds since 2009 and kept it off fairly well but the stress and worry and pain of lose just caused me to give up. I have gained 20 in the last yr and half. Hopefully we can motivate each other:happy:
    Madonna