Low carb phase I help needed

Hello everyone. I've been grotesquely overweight for way too long now. On Sept. 2, I began Phase I of a low-carb diet. I have not been over 20 carbs a day from that point and want to continue it through Thanksgiving.
I usually have about 17-20 carbs per day, and always include at least one hearty portion of vegetables (can of spinach, broccoli and cheese single serving (7g), or some broiled squash and zuchinni are my favorites).
My plan is to stay on Phase I and then enjoy myself within reason at Thanksgiving, and then phase I again until Christmas. My weight loss goal at the beginning was more than 100 pounds, so I believe my body can handle this. If I can reach my goal weight (240), I would move to maintain (120 carbs max per day).
I am a diabetic and to complicate matters I have Charcot foot, which makes it very hard to exercise. I have begun a weightlifting regimen and am trying to work up to a good workout on the eliptical. The orthopedist will review those efforts and make sure it's not further damaging the foot in 3 weeks.
So, what I'm asking, has anyone gone an extended period on Phase I (with no nuts either) and what kind of success did you have? Any nutritionists out there that I just scared to death? Feel free to peruse my food diary and comment.

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Been on Extended Induction since day 1 (August 2013) using foods from the DANDR Acceptable Induction List. Will re-evaluate when i focus on strength training at or below goal. Ticker shows my progress over the last 13 months.
  • I did it for 8 months, the biggest thing I missed was sub sandwiched. No adverse side effects other than the carb flue at the beginning. Remember to keep your sodium potassium and water high. Carbs are a huge part of staying hydrated, with out them you need to balance it another way.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    You don't scurr me. I'm on extended induction, but at this point it's only been five weeks. I'm ready to move on to OWL by adding low carb bread and some nuts. After months and months of trying to lose but only gaining, then finding out I have high insulin, Atkins has been a wonderful solution for me. Five weeks in and almost 15 pounds down. I still get more veggies and eat a more balanced diet than the typical American, so #win and let the haterz hate.