Water consumption

Steveeee
Steveeee Posts: 62
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
How much does MFP class as a cup of water?

Replies

• cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    i think the standard is 8oz. thats what i go by.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Should be an actual cup. 8 fl. oz.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    The same as the rest of the world? 8 oz.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    How much does MFP class as a cup of water?
    O.k. does any of the other fluids consumed count towards the 8 glass total. Like coffee or tea? Or is it just water?
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    O.k. does any of the other fluids consumed count towards the 8 glass total. Like coffee or tea? Or is it just water?

I've heard people say that decaf coffee counts (but not regular because the caffeine dehydrates you, defeating the purpose). When I have Crystal Light (or other sugar free 5 calorie drinks) I count those, but it's rare for me to drink them over water (but sometimes you just need a bit of flavor).
  • I count tea as water consumption, as long as there are no calories, sugar, etc., such as green tea.
  • I just count water. Anything else is just a bonus. I don't count tea or coffee (even herbal) because they can be a diuretic. I don't count sports drinks on my runs either.
    Down here a glass of water is 250ml :)
  • I was told by one of the physicians at my work that only water counts as water. Anything else does not count as your daily water consumption because your body needs pure water.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    If it's caffeine free then I'd count it towards your water.

But I try to be well over the 8 glasses a day thing anyways. I'm closer to a gallon.
This discussion has been closed.