"On the Go" 150 calorie snack

Options
Hey guys,

I got to work with a reasonably healthy breakfast and lunch, ready for the day, when I realized that I start a course tonight and won't be getting home until after 8:30, by which point I will likely be super hangry.

Since I only have about 20 minutes before my class starts to find a snack, I was wondering if anyone had any fast food/ coffee shop/ corner store suggestions. My class is downtown, (in a major Canadian city), so I can easily find pretty much anything but a grocery store.

Really anything in the vacinity of the 150 calorie mark that's somewhat satisfying to tide me over until dinner, which would be about 3 hours after my class starts.

I appreciate any suggestions!

Replies

• lauriekat1120
    lauriekat1120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you can get two part skim string cheeses at a convenience store, that would give you a good bit of protein for only about 160 (just check nutrition if you can, they tend to range from 70-100 calories).

Or, if you can obtain a spoon, grab a greek yogurt. You should easily be able to find one under 150 calories.

Quest bars tend to be pricy and the fake sugar taste weirds me out sometimes, but lots of protein for only about 190 calories.

If you're restricted to non refrigerated food, try a packet of nuts or some turkey jerky (although don't eat the jerky in an enclosed place. Nothing stinks up a room like jerky!)

My "dinners" in grad school were often a packet of peanuts and a yogurt from the on campus convenience store, usually kept me pretty full. Good luck
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Fruit, granola bar (some are higher so check the label), nuts. Many cracker type snack are sold in 100 calorie packs.

I don't eat fast food so I don't know what they'd have. Probably nothing that low except maybe a burger patty (no bun or toppings).
  • LottiAnn
    Options
    A side garden or caesar salad from Wendy's is good. They also have apple slices. And a rich, meaty chili from Wendy's is only 180 calories if you order a small.