Sweet Tooth: HELP!

Options
Hey,

Please post any and all healthy dessert recipes. That's the one thing I miss the most!!!

I currently have one for corn muffins, chocolate chip banana cookies, and caramel apple pudding cupcakes (all from other threads).

I really love cake/brownie types foods.

Anyone have anything worthwhile??

Replies

• prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can have 9 Hershey's kisses for less than 200 calories!! :happy:
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested, but I'd love to see that banana chocolate chip recipe too!
  • neatfreak
    Options
    Vitatop vitamuffins are really yummy...so good you'll think you're cheating. The deep chocolate are my favorite so far. Only 100 calories a piece!
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If i have enough calories left, normally every day after dinner i'll have a small glass of low fat chocolate milk and a cookie. And i'm losing inches.
  • aislingofD
    aislingofD Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One thing I've discovered that helps tame my sweet tooth is tea. Yummy, yummy tea in a berry or dessert flavour. For instance, we've got a pack of Creme Brulee (sp?) from David's Tea that we're saving for one of those nights when we've just gotta have something sweet. It doesn't take much sugar and tea is practically nothing. Plus, it counts towards your water intake! (unless you use black tea or a mate and brew it crazy strong).
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    not sure if these are any good but what about jelly or weight watcher treats?
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The (Jello?) Chocolate Temptations are amazing, especially at only 60 cals!
  • suzannewelsh
    suzannewelsh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    add some fresh berries and a little low fat cool whip to those chocolate vita muffins fresh out of toaster... maybe even a tiny drizzle of light chocolate sauce... voila... its like a dessert, and minimal extra calories
  • genxer36
    Options
    There is always sugar free jello, angel food cake & fresh fruit. Or even better Food Network.com or all recipes have a healthy eating area for lowfat recipes.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-eating/index.html

http://allrecipes.com/Features/healthy-cooking-winter.aspx

Hershey's chocolate syrup is fat free.

Quaker chocolate chunk granola bars, 90 calories.
  • theharrisons
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too. Chocolate is mine. I have tried pudding, small candy bars and couldn't stop so a friend told me about Xocai chocolate (dark chocolate). I have three a day, morning snack, afternoon snack, and after dinner. This not only keeps me in line with my calories but helps with the cravings. I do not get hungry, no longer feel guilty and continue to lose weight. So hang in there, try different things and don't give up!
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    You can make a chocolate "cake" or browines with a box of devils food cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Its really good and curbs the sweet tooth.

I freeze hershey kisses and when I have a bad craving, I have 2 and its not too high in calories!
  • kamcnama
    Options
    Fudgsicles are great! and only 80 calories
  • krisjc210
    krisjc210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just made these today...They are out of the Hungry Girl Cookbook!! Only 65 calories each!

Ingredients:
    1 (18.3ounce) box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Traditional Chewy Brownie Mix
    2 cups canned pure pumpkin
    2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter, at room temp

Preheat oven to bake 350.

Combine Pumpkin with brownie mix in a large bowl and stir until smooth ( batter will be very thick, but don't add anything else)

Spray a square 9X9 baking pan with nonstick spray and poour in the mixture. Spoon peanut butter on top and use a knife to swirl around on top of the batter. Bake for 35 minutes. ( The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Allow to cool.

Cover pan with foil and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares.

Serving Size : 1 piece: 65 calories; 1g fat; 57mg sodium; 14g carbs; 1g fiber; 9g sugars; 1g protein
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This one is easy and when you really need something that constitutes dessert but youve used up your calories I have this. In fact I have it anyway its that nice.

You get a fresh ripe peach I like mine washed but with the skin. I halve and thinly slice the peach into a dish and then put it onto the freezer about an hour before I want to eat it or when it is semi frozen. If you like sorbet you'll love this because it tastes and has the texture of a peach sherbert sorbet. So delicious and a medium peach is only 70 calories. You can also do this with banana as well.
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    Get Some strawberrys & Marshmallows (non fat). 5 squares of 70 % green and blacks dark chocolate and melt it. Drizzle over fruit and marshmallows and pop in fridge for 10 mins. Scrummy! Or have it warm and dip into chocolate. xxx
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'll aplogise in advance because I'm not sure if you can get these outside of Australia.... but I was very happy yesterday to find that an 80g Weis's Mango and Cream bar only has 111 calories.
    (Aussies, it was in the deli, in the icecream freezer).
    And it is made with 40% mango, real cream and no artificial anything, so this is my new treat of choice, specially when it is seriously hot (38C today!)
  • QueenObscene69
    QueenObscene69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    no pudge fudge brownie mix! they taste so sinful for only 120 calories. and you can make single servings in the microwave which prevents you from being tempted to eat the whole pan...yeah, they're THAT good :P
  • ginabgdc
    Options
    I have Jello sugar free puddings and jellos with a little fat free cool whip. Also a can of cake mix or brownie mix with one can of diet pop is great. My favorite is banana supreme cake mix with diet cream soda. My kids love it too. FYI on the brownies if you make them bake 10 mins longer than directions.
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    Pumpkin Spice Muffins

1 box of spice or carrot cake mix, any brand will work
    1 can pure pumpkin, 15 oz

Preheat oven according to directions on your cake mix. Spray muffin pan with light cooking spray. Mix pumpkin and cake mix until very well blended, you may need afew drops of water but the batter should be fairly thick.

This makes 24 muffins at 88 calories each.