Just an example!?

Options
Breakfast: Oatmeal & banana
Lunch: grilled chicken salad approx 260 calories
Dinner: Baked or grilled chicken no salt added with veggies
Lots of water & fruits and veggies for SMALL snacks during the day

GOOD OR BAD????

Again, this is just an example but before i decided to change my eating habits. I did not eat breakfast, ate fast food for lunch...the worst possible from the menu, and dinner was very unhealthy most of the time. About 2 sodas a day & lots of sweet tea along with something sweet.

I'm trying to eat around 1200-1250 a day.
I have about 55 pounds to lose

I am doing 30 minutes on the treadmill walking and jogging no less than 4x a week.

Am I going to see results this way??? If yes, how long should it take?

Replies

• ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lots of water & fruits and veggies for SMALL snacks during the day

as long as your logging those snacks and have some kind of cal count for them then yes your doing fine
  • rossinator63
    rossinator63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looks like a reasonable way to eat to me.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely get results, but you'll probably get bored very quickly which, for some people, can trigger binges. Eat the stuff you like, just make it fit into your daily goals (which usually means smaller portions).
  • dsxx1321
    Options

as long as your logging those snacks and have some kind of cal count for them then yes your doing fine

I see you have lost 64 pounds? how long did it take & what are you doing to lose that weight? Thank you for your reply. I'm seeing so many different ways to eat but I need simple and not too expensive. Some people look down on the way I have decided to eat and others encourage me. :) thanks again!
  • dsxx1321
    Options
    You think I should up my calorie intake?
  • dsxx1321
    Options
    You'll definitely get results, but you'll probably get bored very quickly which, for some people, can trigger binges. Eat the stuff you like, just make it fit into your daily goals (which usually means smaller portions).

Thanks! I am definitely not planning on eating the same thing everyday. I just wanted to give an example I guess for some feedback on if I am doing "GOOD" or not.... this is all so exciting yet confusing.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I would add in more grain products, and make sure to weigh/accurately log it all.

Bottom line eat what you want, but think of your daily calories as a budget. Do make sure your budget is reasonable, of course. Now that you've lost some weight - even though you're not done - perhaps reassess your goal to lose 1-1.5 pounds per week instead of 2.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I would add in more grain products, and make sure to weigh/accurately log it all.

Bottom line eat what you want, but think of your daily calories as a budget. Do make sure your budget is reasonable, of course. Now that you've lost some weight - even though you're not done - perhaps reassess your goal to lose 1-1.5 pounds per week instead of 2.

Grains aren't necessary if one is allergic ordoes not enjoy them.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I started off on 1200 calories because I wanted to lose weight quickly. I felt hungry, angry and horrible all the time. ( I am not saying you will, just that I did).
    I decided to lose weight slower so I upped my calories. I am more relaxed and happy now. I eat 1450ish.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i would salt the chicken.

have you calculated your TDEE?
  • dsxx1321
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • skullshank
    Options
    What is TDEE?

total daily energy expenditure.

its an estimate of the number of calories you burn a day by going about your daily activities.

once you calculate that, if you eat at 75-80% of that number, you can enjoy a healthy rate of weight loss.

im assuming you plugged in the maximum amount of lbs per week when setting up your MFP. it usually defaults to 1200. it did for me as well when i started at 6'1" and 245lbs.

check it out. chances are good you can eat more than you are allowing yourself (and STILL lose weight)!

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • dsxx1321
    Options
    Thanks I will do that!!!
  • marthalgutierrez92
    Options
    Yeah looks good,

Now do you see yourself doing it for a long period of time??

With plans like these it's sometimes hard to do you might feel hungry
    and splurge.

Try 1,400 :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
    How are you estimating these calories? (are you weighing and measuring?)

I think you should up your calories some. 1250 seems very low.
    Also, that menu looks fine but honestly seems boring. Could you eat like that forever? If no, then maybe try a more sustainable approach.
    I eat the foods I love, but in moderation. Learn portion control by weighing and measuring everything you consume.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

I think 1400 would be better and easier for you to sustain.
  • dsxx1321
    Options
    19 yrs old, female, 5'7", 242 lbs.
  • skullshank
    Options
    where are you people getting 1400 from?

just randomly throw darts at a number?

with NO exercise, her TDEE is around 2289.

75% of that is about 1720.
  • dsxx1321
    Options
    I'm confused :embarassed: