Reset or start where left off

Options
dlaplume2
dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
I know this is a matter of opinion, and there is not right or wrong here, but I wanted to see what others think.

I start MFP almost 4 years ago. I did real well with this program and lost 40lbs. I started a new job, and life happened, (lots of life got in the way). Most people when they go off a diet, gain back all they lose and then some. I think 4 years later I did pretty good. I gained back 24 of the 40lbs. I m still 16 lbs ahead of the game, and am trying to stay positive about this. I am restarting and recommitting myself again. So far I have lost 5 lbs.

The question is, should I reset my start weight and go from there, or keep my original start weight?
I kind of feel like it's cheating, keeping my old start weight, It makes it look like I have lost more than I have, but technically I HAVE lost the weight.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• 2GirlsANDaGuy
    2GirlsANDaGuy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what would give you the most motivation going forward? Whatever you answer to that question is what you should use. Like you said there is no right or wrong.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    what would give you the most motivation going forward? Whatever you answer to that question is what you should use. Like you said there is no right or wrong.

Agree, whatever is best for you. Welcome back!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Whichever you prefer...

Personally I have had an on-again/off-again weight loss relationship for a while. Back in 2007 (I think) I was mid 180's though I'm sure I was higher before that 'weigh in'. When I restarted/recommitted 'this time' in late December 2013, I was 178.5. I put that one as a starting point. But I had a # of times where I'd lose 10, gain 5; lose 5, gain 10 in between!