bought a new diet pill, need advice about it

Options
it's called HighT. It's a diet pill that is supposed to boost testosterone. I don't know how i feel about it, though. i havn't tryed any yet. the smell is very potent. it has a metallic scent, with a very strong smell of celery. when i say potent, i mean like, my whole kitchen smells like it, sometimes. but i guess scent isn't really important.

1.i was wondering has anyone tryed it, and if so, was it effective in making you feel like your testosterone was boosted?

2. are there any testosterone boosting products that you would suggest other than this one?

Replies

• davidworkzit
    Options
    bump
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, how is a pill to elevate testosterone a diet pill?

And AFAIK, there are no effective OTC meds that will actually raise your testosterone level.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My advice would have been "don't waste your money" but you already did.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here's what my doctor gave me to boost my testosterone recently, because I asked: LOSE WEIGHT!! He said the best way to remedy those problems is losing the gut. I am being serious about this. I also researched it and it is confirmed. If you are obese, you mojo is low. But it can come back to strength with weight loss and exercise.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    At 23 years old, you should not need a test booster - if you think you have low test, you should see your doctor.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My advice would be throw them in the trash. If you really think you are experiencing low test go the Dr because at your age that shouldn't be an issue.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I take TEST7 and Grip HD. They're very effective. Also, a higher testosterone does in fact burn more fat. A bit pricey but well worth it if you want to raise your test and gain some lean muscle. However, you need a good diet to go with it. You take it for two months then cycle off for one. Im not the biggest guy but I can tell the diff when I take them.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    Also, I had to take these due to complications with a Vesectomy. Thanks USAF Dr's. :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Most effective way of boosting your testosterone is heavy deadlifts, heavy squats and heavy bench press. There's little proof that testosterone boosters actually boost testosterone.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Most effective way of boosting your testosterone is heavy deadlifts, heavy squats and heavy bench press. There's little proof that testosterone boosters actually boost testosterone.
    agreed.

and as far as the pills, get your money back if you can.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I take TEST7 and Grip HD. They're very effective. Also, a higher testosterone does in fact burn more fat. A bit pricey but well worth it if you want to raise your test and gain some lean muscle. However, you need a good diet to go with it. You take it for two months then cycle off for one. Im not the biggest guy but I can tell the diff when I take them.
    Dude, hate to tell you that supplements (especially test boosters) are a total waste of money. You've bought into an idea that scientifically doesn't hold up to actual evidence. If these supplements worked, then why would synthetic anabolics be needed?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If you want something to boost your testosterone, you aren't going to be grabbing it off of a counter somewhere. D-Aspartic Acid "might" give you a small boost in testosterone, but if you really need a T-boost, you are going to need to see a doctor or find someone who can get you the gear.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    it's called HighT. It's a diet pill that is supposed to boost testosterone. I don't know how i feel about it, though. i havn't tryed any yet. the smell is very potent. it has a metallic scent, with a very strong smell of celery. when i say potent, i mean like, my whole kitchen smells like it, sometimes. but i guess scent isn't really important.

1.i was wondering has anyone tryed it, and if so, was it effective in making you feel like your testosterone was boosted?

2. are there any testosterone boosting products that you would suggest other than this one?
    DON'T waste your money on test supplements. By the time you ingest it, the effectiveness is negated because acid in your stomach neutralizes effects.
    You want to increase your test you either:

Bust your *kitten* with some high intensity exercise focusing on compound lifts

Take anabolic steroids

I'd go with busting my *kitten* in the gym though. You're in your 20's so why would you need a testosterone booster? Quit listening to gym bros.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    I didn't say it was going to turn you into arnold. I only said these products will aid in raising your test.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You're most definitely not going to get the feedback you might be hoping for on a "diet pill" here. :explode:
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put something that smells that bad into my body just because I'd be worried it would start making ME smell up the place.

Granted I wouldn't take testosterone pills unless I was trying to perfect my Magnum P.I. 'stache.

I hope you kept the receipt!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I say dont waste your money, if you are needing a T boost then go to the doctor. My husband takes T shots twice a month and I will say it has helped him alot!
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

You're right. There's no way that a blood test would be able to tell someone whether or not they have low T and if they do whether or not whatever their using is working. Lots of men have low testosterone -- as a man ages his testosterone decreases -- and not all the heavy lifting in the world can raise it to the level it's supposed to be at. Testosterone is a complicated because that's not the only hormone that is looked at when a man has low T.

OP: If you're taking T because you want to "get ripped" don't.

If you truly think you have low testosterone (and I disagree with whoever said that at the age of 23 you shouldn't need a testosterone booster) go to the doctor and get a blood test done to see where you are. If your testosterone is low they will prescribe either a cream or shots.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you have low testosterone supplement with DAA (D-Aspartic Acid), it's probably the main active ingredient in that nifty pill you just bought. Truth is you wont know you have low test until you get a blood panel done. Don't screw with your hormones. If your levels are where they need to be, screwing with them can really mess you up. You can get things like estrogen rebound and develop Gynecomastia and develop swollen breast tissue. Just one of many effects of screwing with your hormones. As a personal trainer I've seen it dozens of times.